• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

No hog, but Baby Shower Baby Backs

Started by Consiglieri, April 27, 2007, 11:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillbillysmoker

Looks absolutely delicious.  I will send my address if you decide to do something like that for Christmas cards............lol.  Seriously, you should be proud of that spread.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

IKnowWood

Oh my, rib slober once again takes over....

Most I done is 4 slabs (4 * 2 = 8 halfs) on three racks on the OBS.  That did not affect time much at all, still was in the 6 hours tiem frame.

I use the Bricks int he smoker every time I do ribs (as I am opening it lots to spritz juice on it) and Pulled Pork (just to help out is all).  Does it help, mentally sure, reality..  I don't know, its just what I do.  the thermal implications make sense.

I notice the tools on the table next to the ribs.  Using a hack saw and drill on them ribs to keep them form moving around as you cut the ribs up?

Great results.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Mr Walleye

Consiglieri... Ya did us proud!  8)

Nice job!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Gizmo

IKW, I noticed them tools as well.  Looks like a Dewalt drill bit box on the table.  I suspect some sort of trap was set up (like a snare) to keep unwated pests out (or to capture the next bradley meal). 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

coyote

Great job Consiglieri  :) Quality + quanity =  8)

Coyote

Consiglieri

Thanks for the nice comments, guys.  This forum is a great community.

WCK: I can't imagine why you'd want ribs when you had that delicious looking pig, but we definately had plenty of ribs to share.  I'm sure Micki has very similar pictures of her pig roast posted too.   ;) 

As for the tools, I'm glad the pole saw didn't make it into the picture or you might suspect the ribs were a bit tough.  Actually had to do some yard work and make a few repairs.  Fortunately, none involved the smoker.  That said, the pool sweep did manage to squirt the machine once or twice.  Don't think water combined with electricity would make for a good smoking experience.

have a great week.
Consiglieri

West Coast Kansan

I was thinking tools for membrane removal  ;) The pig was novel and fun in its own way (once mounted). Man those ribs are eating they way eating is done  ;D  :D  ;)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

fatandhappy

Looks good,  and you drink good beer too.  When using beer with something like pork I always use an unfiltered wheat.  Something that is bottle fermented (a little yeast left in the bottom). It seems to have the same effect as vinegar when it comes to tenderizing, much more than beer with the alchol alone.  Plus the wheat complements the sweet pork.