The curse is lifted

Started by dewy, April 28, 2007, 06:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dewy

Got the ribs from my brother in law yesterday morning.Thawed em, got the membrane off and the rub on, left em till this morning.Went to texture some sheetrock at my brother in laws, figured Id be gone about 2 hours.Truck broke down on the way to get the sprayer, then it took longer then I figured and it was 5 hrs before I got back home to check the ribs.They were the best I ever made, not falling off the bone but tender enough you could just pull the bone out, juicy and very very tasty.His buddy that got the ribs showed up and loved em, he drives truck and frequently they overload his truck with stuff, the stores cant accept anything not on the invoice and the company cant take it back after its been transported.instead of throwing it away they let him have it.Last time they overloaded him by 250 lbs of babybacks and hes been giving them away left and right since he was sick of eating them.Hes supposed to drop another box off for me soon, I cant wait.They also overloaded him with something like 60 lbs of pork butts a mont or so ago, he didnt have freezer space and was feeding them to his dogs :oI told him id take a couple of them to.My other uncle that drives truck ran into a similiar situation and wound up with 40 lbs of ribeyes friday, havent been able to talk him out of any yet though

To top it off someone gave my mom a corned beef shes not gonna use so she gave it to me.Gonna try making pastrami out of it tommorrow.not sure how long to cook it but Im gonna try it and see what happens.Thinking maybe I should get a truck driving job for this outfit, apparently they cant count very well at all.

Wildcat

YOU HAVE GOT IT MADE!  Wish I could run across deals like that!
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Wildcat

I vote we have a quarterly meeting at dewy's for all forum members!

West Coast Kansan

Careful Wildcat   ;) - Dewy is about a half hour from the #1 rural places in america to live or retire or something (whatever Sperlings says).   ??? That RV may never leave Iowa  :D  :D  :D  With a food storm like that who would want to...

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

LilSmoker

Hi dewy, glad the ribs turned out nice for you, and i really wish i had a supplier like yours!  ;D ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Habanero Smoker

Here is a link to a dry rub and cooking method I use for beef pastrami. If you every get a chance, cure your own brisket to make pastrami. It is much better then the commercial corned beef.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=157

I had some what of a similiar experience some time ago. Though I didn't get any free meat, I did get it at a very good price. This company delivers orders of frozen meat to residential homes. When the guy tried to deliver an order to my neighbor, the neighbor was away on vacation. So he started going house to house to get rid of the meat. He finally ended up at my place and sold me the whole order for about half price.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

dewy

Im planning to try curing my own a little later this summer.I had your recipe already bookmarked after I read great reviews about it in the meat section and did a search ;DAlso planning to try doing one out of a deer quarter this fall if I can get it turn out good.

hillbillysmoker

Glad everything came to together for you.  Sounds so good.  What a dream to have a supply of meat like that.  Take care and have fun.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Wildcat

Quote from: West Coast Kansan on April 28, 2007, 07:58:01 PM
Careful Wildcat   ;) - Dewy is about a half hour from the #1 rural places in america to live or retire or something (whatever Sperlings says).   ??? That RV may never leave Iowa  :D  :D  :D  With a food storm like that who would want to...

Yea, with the weight gain I would have, my rig may not be able to get back over the hills!

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

dewy

Habanero, just wanted to let you know how the corned beef came out.I put it in and let it soak from about 7 last night till 6:00 this morning to get the salt out, rinsed it off ,rubbed it and let it air dry till about 7:30 while the smoker warmed up.Smoked it from 7:30 till about noon with 4 hours of hickory at around 225-250. when it showed a internal temp of 175, took it out and FTC for about 4 hours.Oh man, it was good,still really warm, made sandwiches out of it. Everyone ate so much we quit putting siding on after dinner cuz everyone was ready for a nap ;DCant wait to try my own using your recipe and letting it sit longer before cutting, think im a big fan of pastrami now, never really liked it all that much before for some reason, this had much better taste then store bought.

LilSmoker

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

coyote

It sure seems tried and true...and on my to do list :) I'll try to make you proud Habs.
                                                   Coyote

Wildcat

Quote from: coyote on April 30, 2007, 07:21:28 PM
It sure seems tried and true...and on my to do list :) I'll try to make you proud Habs.
                                                   Coyote

Same here Habs!  Hey Coyote, I see ya made it past the 500 post mark.  Congrats!

coyote

Thanks Wildcat , Mabey I just to damn mouthy  ??? But I sure do love this place. ;D

Coyote