Whats up with cherry???

Started by bunnydude, April 28, 2007, 09:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunnydude

I have just entered the world of BS smoking. I came from the tried and true world of the little chief smokers.

That being said I had a system of smoke flavors they are as follows Hickory, Mesquite, Cherry and Alder for my beef and deer jerkies.

Alder, Apple, and Cherry for my fishy friends.

I also used Apple. Cherry, Alder, and Mesquite for all my sausage offerings.

Sooo my question is, does anyone use the fruit woods out there and if so on what? :)

parishollow

Welcome bunnydude,
I use cherry and apple on my ribs, alder and apple on my cold smoked salmon, Hickory and Mesquite on my pork butt.  Will use apple and cherry on my venisen tenderloins tomorrow.
Andrew

Habanero Smoker

Of the choices I have from Bradley I use apple a lot for poultry, fish and occassionally pork. Cherry leaves a very bitter after taste in my mouth, but there is something about cherries that my body can not tolerate. When cooked make me ill, but fresh cherries are alright.

When I light up my water smoker, the wood of choice is peach wood. Peach wood is excellent with every thing, but beef.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

West Coast Kansan

Cherry gives me a headache,   :-\ Love apple, maple, pecan, alder for fish and chicken, Maple on pork also.  I know some here do like Cherry.  :-X

;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Wildcat

I like cherry and maple on lamb!
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

hillbillysmoker

I use cherry but usually alternate bisquettes with another flavor.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

tsquared

I use cherry on oysters, fairly hot at 225 for 45 minutes to an hour. 6 of those accompanied by a nice oatmeal stout or IPA--heaven!!
T2

Malc

I like apple on a lot.  Have not tried anything else.

Malc
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.