• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

pics mmmmmm.....

Started by boxertrio, May 02, 2007, 07:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boxertrio

Had a small party tonite, 15 people an 8lb butt and an 8lb flat....oh and some olive penguins  ;D
pics are crappy, used old camera...

--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: boxertrio on May 02, 2007, 07:07:06 PM
pics are crappy, used old camera...

No, I think your hands are shaking in anticipation. I've heard these excuses before....   :D

Arcs_n_Sparks

Gizmo

Even blurry those penguins are cute.  What is their makeup?
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

owrstrich

did you use the bradley or the big cooker...

the brisket looks killer...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

hillbillysmoker

Food looks really good.  How do you make the penguins?
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

LilSmoker

I just got home from work, starving hungry, looking at those pics has sent me over the edge! ;D

Looks very very tasty, penguins are great! ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

boxertrio

I used the Bradley on both, but I did put the brisket in my WSM for 4 hrs to get that smoke ring, then into the Bradley to finish.  Brined the butt in molasses, coarse salt and Amberbock, then injected with same and into frig overnight.  The Brisket was rubbed and injected with bourbon and apple juice.

Penguins are a large and small olive stacked.  cut the large olive and stuff with cream cheese.  Wrap a pimento around for the scarf, and cut a notch out of a carrot slice for the feet.  Jam a tooth pick in its skull to hold it all together.
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

Wildcat

That is a nice chef like touch (smoke ring and penguins).  Way to go!
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

Hey boxertrio

I am going to make the penguins for my wife.

my wife collects penguins..............as you can see  :D :D she would get a kick out of them.

And this is only half of em :o

nepas

boxertrio

Damn thats alot of penguins!!! :o  Good thing she don't collect cats.......

Gizmo

NePa,
I would suggest she not shelf the penguin you give her. ;)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Consiglieri

Showed the wife the penguins and she'd love to learn the trick.  Willing to share?
Consiglieri

LilSmoker

Yeah the penguins are great!

Found some variations, i'm gonna do some at my next feast, i think these are the same as boxertrios? but without scarves:

Another variation:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ariel/40600671/

Thanks for the idea boxertrio
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Gizmo on May 05, 2007, 07:44:25 PM
NePa,
I would suggest she not shelf the penguin you give her. ;)

:D  :D

she had a penguin made out of frosting that a lady gave her, it was frozen in the freezer for years. It got shuffled to the back and almost desinigrated  :D  :D

Crazy  ;D

nepas