Dalbys Spaniels (again!)

Started by Dalby Spook, May 04, 2007, 11:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalby Spook

Off the beam a bit folks, but as these dogs get  for me half of what goes in the BS, I thought you might enjoy this.
The young dog on the right got 2nd place in the Island gundog championship last month. The novice class is
for any age dog that has not previously run in a trial.

I was particularly pleased as he is only 15 months and was up against some 3 year old dogs with a couple of shooting seasons behind them.
I've only been wrong once, and that's when I thought I was wrong. But I was'nt.
A. Einstien

icerat4

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Wildcat

Another proud papa!  Congrats.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Kummok

Now THAT'S a hunting partner, Spook!   Hmmmmm......I wonder if we could develop a breed to retrieve caribou?!?!?   ;D ;)

manxman

Well done DS, great pic too.  :)
Manxman

Oldman

Nice looking dogs.  I also like the wild flowers in the background.  BTW is that strawberry plant in the foreground -- left side?

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

tsquared

QuoteI wonder if we could develop a breed to retrieve caribou?!?!?   
I believe they're called timber wolves! ;D
T2

MWS

Quote from: Oldman on May 04, 2007, 04:14:36 PM
BTW is that strawberry plant in the foreground -- left side?

Good eyes Olds, that looks like strawberry to me also. We have a wild variety of strawberry up here that has a small berry and produces all Summer.

Great picture Dalby. Your dogs may be award winners but I would enter those pictures in a contest as well. Good job.
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Kummok

Quote from: tsquared on May 04, 2007, 07:22:41 PM
I believe they're called timber wolves! ;D
T2

We're sorta thinking along the same lines T2! I was thinking as I was keystroking that response, that we could cross a grizzly with a retriever or lab....but then I got to thinking that during the "cross-process", the poor pooches would probably become grizz-chow instead of hopeful parents... :o ;) ;D

LilSmoker

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Dalby Spook

Thanks for all that guys. I think the plant in the foreground is a wild blackberry or bramble as we call them. Delish with apples in a pie.
The flowers are wild bluebells.

A caribou retreiver? Mmm. Some of my buddies have lurchers which are usually Greyhound/ terrier cross for coursing hares & rabbits. Some are so hard in the mouth I think there's some alligator in there as well!. I'll save you pup and see how you get on.
I've only been wrong once, and that's when I thought I was wrong. But I was'nt.
A. Einstien