Cheapest Area Gas

Started by Habanero Smoker, May 05, 2007, 02:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

I just received this link on how to locate the cheapest gas in your area. Though the prices are not guaranteed, I've found it to be pretty accurate, but when prices fluctuation rapidly the accuracy of the information decreases.

Just enter your zip code, and it lists most of the areas gas stations, it's prices, and directions. It's real good for locating the cheapest gas in your area, or if you add in the zip codes of towns you will be traveling through on your destination you can plan where to buy your gas.

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx

Here's how they gather the information:

These prices are provided by OPIS. OPIS is the only comprehensive source of U.S. wholesale and retail petroleum prices, tracking more than 90,000 daily retail gasoline prices, and 70,000 rack and spot prices for heating oil, gasoline, diesel, kerosene, jet fuel, LP-Gas, residual fuel, natural gas and ethanol. More than 100 billion gallons of fuel are purchased annually based on an OPIS Price Index.

Retail prices are derived from actual credit card transactions collected from Fleet Vehicles.
Each day retail gasoline prices are compiled from more than 90,000 gasoline and convenience stores across the United States.
Because of the way fleet vehicle credit card data is reconciled, prices for a given station can trickle in over a seven day period.
Because 80% of gasoline that is purchased is for regular unleaded, 80% of the prices you will receive are regular unleaded.
Prices shown are actual pump prices.
Any discounts or rebates given to fleets are taken into consideration after the fact.
Prices include all taxes.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

Thanks Habs!  This will be useful.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

Nice link, shows the shell station where i get my gas - cheapest is a relative term with 3.49 per gallon.  :-[  :-X  :-X Still does not have the brand new AMPM station that is 4 cents cheaper but you have to use a debit card and pay 45 cents.  Gotta be real low before it pays  :'(  :'(  :'(

Good link...  8)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

3rensho

Wow, I wish we had those prices in this part of the world.  At present exchange rates it comes to $5.39 a gallon locally  :'( :'( :'(

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Consiglieri

Tom:  Sorry that the gas prices don't work out well on your end.   However, I just had a very nice dinner here in central California with a bunch of Swiss who: can distill the heck out of a grape (or any other fruit for that matter), have smoking skills that can put a smile on the face of anyone having an ounce of ablility, and have such strong family ties that I'm proud to know them. 

I think the Swiss have a lot working in their favor and to heck with gasoline.  Here's to the next family dinner!
Consiglieri

3rensho

Hi Consiglierli,

I can vouch for what you say about the Swiss.  I have a friend in our village who makes his own Kirschwasser (cherry schnapps) and it is great.  Fortunately here in Switzerland the public transportation is absolutely superb so the auto spends most of its time in the garage.  I burn at most 20 liters a month.

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

West Coast Kansan

Not to mention how pretty it is where Tom lives.  I drive one way 34 miles for work and get 24 to 26 miles per gallon.  Some around here have it worse going to Orange County (wow). But I cant afford a house any closer as those prices are more than double for the same home.  More tears  :'(  :'(  :'( But really cant complain when it comes to what is important.  ;)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)