generator problems

Started by outbackjack, September 14, 2004, 12:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outbackjack

I bought the generator with adaptor. The auto advance did'nt work so Bradley sent me a new generator! The plate that pushes the wood briquette was TAPED! to the side of the new generator rather than being installed in the generator!  I also received in the packing an invoice that says "DO NOT FORWARD TO CUSTOMER" then it says "UNIT VALUE $25.65". Bradley should be ashamed of themselves!

everything tastes better outback

BigRed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by outbackjack</i>
<br />I bought the generator with adaptor. The auto advance did'nt work so Bradley sent me a new generator! The plate that pushes the wood briquette was TAPED! to the side of the new generator rather than being installed in the generator!  I also received in the packing an invoice that says "DO NOT FORWARD TO CUSTOMER" then it says "UNIT VALUE $25.65". Bradley should be ashamed of themselves!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
OutBack!

Raise holly hell! BS corporate will be so embarrassed. They screwed up and we all know it. BUT they really try and make things right. Lord knows, they have sent me so many things, especially temp. control units.Once you get your BS RIGHT, it does a FANTASTIC  job of smoking meats. Keep smokin !

BigRED

charlie

outback
i understand why you'd be mad about the the situation at hand. i've worked for a company who has to ship items across the border through customs and have had troubles before. they search through packages and do not put them back to place as they were. it could be why the plate was taped to the side of the generator. and the do not forward to customer paper was probably some technical customs paper that (for this reason) should not have been forwarded to you. anyway, try not to be too mad. i'm sure bradley will take care of you and smooth things out. and i'm sure they will be giving a call to their customs head office. take care and happy smoking
~charlie

Chez Bubba

Charlie,

You're certainly not suggesting that Bradley is trying to somehow skirt the customs laws, are you? What you propose would be absolutely illegal and the company as I know it would have nothing to do with such behavior.[:0][:(!]

Please refrain from such inneuendos unless you can verify with facts.

Thanks & happy smokin',

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

charlie

kirk,
in no way did i mean to suggest that bradley was "skirting" customs laws. i know they wouldn't do that either. all i was saying is that customs can sometimes be hard to deal with and that things will be straighted out. sorry you took it the wrong way

outbackjack

Bradley emailed me. Boy were they apologizing left and then right.They too feel that customs probably damaged the unit during their inspection process. Well at any rate they're sending me yet another generator. They said they don't want the others sent back! If anyone needs parts I gottem!!

MallardWacker

OBJ,

It is sure neet to hear about Bradley's service.  I have never had to use it but it makes glad if ever need to.  <font color="red">There is nothing worse than a Smoker with a broken down rig.</font id="red">

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Chez Bubba

Charlie,

No apologies necessary, I was the one who took it the wrong way. That's the biggest problem with internet boards, you can't hear voice inflection like you can in a real conversation.

Peace in smoke[8D][8D],

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

outbackjack

well two weeks after cassandra walker from bradley said she would send me a new generator i did not get it. i contacted her again. i told her i needed it before the weekend (the wifes 40th birthday party). and if i did not get it i did not want it at all and that i wanted my money back! she said i would get it in two to three days. cool beans! the party will be a big hit with the smoked salmon!!! that was on a wednesday. friday came and left, NO SMOKE GENERATOR FROM BRADLEY. canceled the party for most of the long distance guests and we ordered pizza and beer and bad mouth bradley all night. now don't forget i ordered this item in august!!! i called bradley they they don't give refunds. the shipper brought the item monday afternoon! i told the delivery guy to write on the box "COSTUMER REFUSED AND WANTS YOU TO STICK IT UP YOUR A**!!!!!!!!!!" i'll take the loss, money is not an issue with me, but dealing with terrible businesses is!

Bassman

Jack,
Sorry to hear about your experience with Bradley. I think your the first guy I know of that had a problem with them. I have had excellent service with them in the past when ordering parts. I hope this doesn't discourage you from getting a unit somewhere else and exploring the world of smoke.[:p]
I bought mine from Chez-Bubba and had it in a matter of days.He stocks all parts.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

charlie

outback,
you really have some nerve don't you to write someone's first and last name on this forum. it sure nice to see you know your boundries with privacy issues. would you like your name written on this forum and where you work and where you live? that's not fair at all. i'm sure she did all she could to help you out. and oh my goodness! your party was ruined. how sad. do you know there are worse things in this life than that. and obviously money is an issue to you for making this big of a stink over it. anyway, i hope you do get a life and realize that stuff happens...deal with it!

MallardWacker

I think this guy is plant from the [}:)]<font color="red"><font size="3"><s>COOKSHACK Forum</s></font id="size3"></font id="red">[}:)]

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

phattboy

I have had my generator for almost a year, never experienced any problems with the unit, nor the company.........[:p]

Phattboys BBQ & Smokehouse
  "Have Smoke-Will Travel"