Asparagus Proscuito Bundles

Started by smokin stu, May 13, 2007, 04:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokin stu

When preparing food from the smoker and not knowing exactly when the meat will be ready, I needed side dishes that could be ready at any time.  These Asparagus Proscuito Bundles do just that as the prep time is all ahead of time and then with a five minute final prep, they are good to go.

Besides, any vegetable side dish wrapped in meat is a good side dish.  Asparagus is fresh from the farmers field right now and they can't get any tastier.

20-24 Asparagus spears lightly steamed
6 slices of Proscuito

Dressing:

1/2 cup of diced tomato
2 Tbsps olive oil
5 Tsp red wine vinegar
1-2 minced garlic cloves

Put dressing ingredients in a small sealable bowl, mix and then let stand.

Roll 3-4 spears into each slice of proscuito.  Place bundles on a baking sheet and broil about 6 inches from the heat.  Turn halfway through until the asparagus is hot and the proscuito is crispy.

Place bundles into serving dish and cover with dressing.

Tips: 
1] Plan for 2 bundles per person and 2 extra.
2] Make ahead but broil right before serving

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

Now that will be sending Coyote to the fridge when we sees that plate.  Great idea with the Asparagus  :) Will work well on a lot of occasions  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

iceman

I gotta quit looking at this site when I go to work!!!! >:( :D Man 6 more hours to get home and raid the fridge! You guys are killing me with all the great food pics. ;D ;)

Consiglieri

Made the mistake of skipping breakfast... and now the ribs and asparagus pictures are really getting in the way of work.  Great looking food.
Consiglieri

Mr Walleye

A little twist we have done with this is take a slice of Proscuito, then lay a slice of Provolone cheese on top, and finally add 2 Asparagus spears laid so the spears are sticking out each end. Roll them up and stick a tooth pick in it and your done. We cook them the same way. We have even done them on the grill and they turn out great. Excellent finger food too!

Mmmmmm.... Good!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

smokin stu

The Provolne chees addition sounds great.  I tend to eat a lot of local food and the asparagus can't get much better now. Methinks I will head down to the farm stall and try this new twist to the recipe.