BBQ - UK STYLE!!

Started by manxman, May 15, 2007, 04:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

Sadly there is an element of truth about this overview of the meaning of a "BBQ" on this side of the pond, although things are improving and nowadays a "BBQ" generally means more than burnt / cremated sausage or burger, both if you were lucky!!!!  :-[ :-[

It's that time of year already.............

BBQ rules

After months of cold and rainy weather, we are finally coming up to summer and BBQ season.

Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity, as it's the only type of cooking a 'real' man will do, probably because there is an element of danger involved.

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine...

(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

Here comes the important part:

(4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine....

(5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
(6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning.

He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation.

Important again:

(7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine....

(8 The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
(9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:

10) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.  ;)
(11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off."  :-[

>
>
>
>

And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women....  ;)

Manxman

Malc

Nice.  If only it were true at Casa de Malc ;D

Malc
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

Welsh Wizard

Ah, I knew I was going wrong somewhere. I will show it to the wife - I am sure she will like it. However the line about her bringing out the copious amounts of brown, foul smelling, belly distending fluids is correct.

Cheers Welsh Wizard.

manxman

QuoteAh, I knew I was going wrong somewhere. I will show it to the wife - I am sure she will like it. However the line about her bringing out the copious amounts of brown, foul smelling, belly distending fluids is correct.

:D :D :D

Welcome to the forum Welsh Wizard.
Manxman

Cajun

There just aint no staisfying them  ;)
There is a place for all of Gods animals right next to the mashed potatos and gravy