• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cover and rain

Started by Stickbowcrafter, May 16, 2007, 03:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stickbowcrafter

Just bought my first Bradley after using a WSM for years. I noticed during the rain today that it was splashing up under the cover and getting on the temperature and generator controls. Will this be a problem?

-Brian

NePaSmoKer

Yeah you might want to get it out of the rain or fix the cover somehow.

nepas

Habanero Smoker

I recently had to replace my cover, and the newer covers are much smaller. The old one completely covered my smoker and I did not have to worry about the elements. The new one barely comes down to the temperature adjuster.

If your smoker is new I would complain to Bradley about the cover, and ask them if they will send you the cover for the six shelf so that you can adequately protect your smoker.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Stickbowcrafter

Talk about customer service! WOW!  :o I e-mailed Bradley about the problem and they are sending a 6 rack unit cover free of charge. The longer cover should more than take care of the problem. I wish more companies ran their businesses with such customer care. Way to go Bradley!!!

-Brian

Habanero Smoker

Man! I wish I was still under warranty. I should complain about the new cover I just purchased ;D

I
         don't
                   inhale.

iceman

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on May 22, 2007, 01:42:24 PM
Man! I wish I was still under warranty. I should complain about the new cover I just purchased ;D
I don't know about you Hab but my ole cover is getting stretched out and sagging. :o ;D :D

Habanero Smoker

Mine also! ;D

But back to the Bradley cover. The old one served me well, except it was beginning to fade. What finally destroyed my old cover was a chunk of ice falling off the roof. It tore an eight inch rip for the top. I'm now thinking of repairing the old cover. Though the lack of adequate protection has finally motivated me to start building a cabinet for the smoker.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

iceman

Hab does the original cover cover just the tower or both the generator and tower?

icerat4

If i can find my 4 rack cover i will give it away here.ill check this weekend im sure someone could use it.As i have a smokehouse already.lol. ;D.Serious if i find its yours.

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Habanero Smoker

The original cover covered both the tower and generator, but it is at least 3" longer then the new covers. The old cover was long enough that it would completely cover the smoker and generator almost to the table. The new cover is much shorter and has shrunk since I purchased it. It not even long enough to cover the temperature adjustment.

IceRat4;
Thanks for the generous offer, but I have to decline. If I get that cover, I will never get back to working on my cabinet :D. At least this problem is providing a little motivation for me to build it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

icerat4

this offer stands to anyone .so let me find it frist then ill post it that i found it,

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Payson

Icerat4,
If you do manage to find it I'd love it! I just bought the Original BS and have yet to purchase a cover! Perhaps there's something I can get in SC that you can't find in your neck of the woods??
Thanks!
Chris

standles

My brand new coer out of the factory packing hd little pinholes all over it.   Not noticeable but I happened to old it up to sunlight when taking it off and noticed.   I bring mine in the garage now when I am done.  Apparently the cover is a dust cover only.

Steven

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: standles on June 25, 2007, 03:01:40 PM
My brand new coer out of the factory packing hd little pinholes all over it.   Not noticeable but I happened to old it up to sunlight when taking it off and noticed.   I bring mine in the garage now when I am done.  Apparently the cover is a dust cover only.

Steven

You got a faulty manufactured cover. The cover is an all weather cover. I leave mine outdoors 24/7.

I
         don't
                   inhale.