34 Years to a slicer

Started by West Coast Kansan, June 09, 2007, 10:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Coast Kansan

Our wedding was 34 years ago  :) not a bad thing at all. My gift was a slicer. NEPA you will recognize the source  ;)

Had to smoke something that would let me use it - so did some tri tips

The little one is (actually 'was' now since it was last weekend) a kobe.

Worked out real nice.

Three racks, no rotations and out at IT of 160 on the bottom. Love the smooth blade edge - could never get down to the paper thin slices with the serated edges.

PS
The blinds for family room and kitchen SHE ordered the next day were under $4 Grand.  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

NePaSmoKer

Oh yeah WCK, I know that one  ;D

Congrats on 34 years my friend.

nepas

MWS

Congratulations WCK on 34 years,

My wife and I celebrated our 18th last weekend on the 3rd.  We didn't exchange gifts, well not that I can mention  ;) I did make her a nice meal of Halibut filet on the grill though.

I want one of those meat slicers and I can't wait another 16 years.
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Scotty-G

WCK-
Been looking at the slicer you got for myself.  How does it do on ultrathin slices?
How easy is it to clean the unit and blade?
How is it for slicing defrosted raw meat and soft cheeses?
Thanks
Scotty-G

LilSmoker

Congrats WCK, that's a nice story, real nice slicer to  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Habanero Smoker

One additional question to Scotty-G's post. What is the length of the tray? Will it slice bacon up to 12" long?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

Congrats to say the least.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

standles

Could someone post the supplier for the slicer?

I am at work and all photo links such as photobucket are blocked so all I see are X

Thanks, Steven

West Coast Kansan

Scotty excellent to all your questions.  When I was showing off for the Mrs i sliced as thin as i could and you could see betwen the grain of the tritip.  See through meat is as thin as I need  :D  :D  :D The front blade guard comes off nice and then you have real good access to the blade for cleaning.  Because the slice deflector is adjustable you can set it in a manner that really reduces the amount of crumbs that get behind the blade and assembly.

I have done several slicing sessions where the blade could be cleaned very throughly without removing the blade from the unit. that is good access i think. Taking it off is not a big deal though with just 3 screws - but the sucker is at least 3 pounds heavy and no kidding sharp so be careful - real careful. Surprise see how sharp and heavy i am kind of careful.   ;)

I have not yet used the sharpner that comes with it but looks to be pretty slick the way it mounts holding bracket positions it perfect.

HabS, no sorry the slide travel is not 12 useable inches. 10 full inches with full safety protection is all that is legit claim.  I do cheat it up on the back to slice longer than this on belly slabs. Just an emotional thing abouts having it shorter than it could have been  ;) But they will never get me to admit it in the ER.  ;D

For a full 12 inches you will need to go up a step to handle the bigger pieces but I think that is all the value the extra money provides unless your really commercial.

This is also only the 1/4 horse. I think there is a 1/3 variety out thier.  I have challenged this with frozen food and sticky food. Slices it all really nice. The thing is geared torque crazy, does not seem to turn all that fast but speed does not equal power. 

Thanks for the kind words all, it has been a good 3.4 decades and this was a nice surprise.  I like the drapes and blinds she bought real well also.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)