Newbie - Watcher - Just saying Thank You All

Started by Smoke_Lover, June 09, 2007, 11:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoke_Lover

Hi Guys;

I have been reading the posts here for about three weeks.  I was researching what smoker to buy and decided on the Bradley DBS 6 rack 108 Liter.  I bought it June 1st and have tried it twice as of today.  I haven't had much time but just had to play with the new toy, so did not marinade overnight, and rushed it a bit.  Still the Chicken breast with 5 hours of apple smoke  :P , wow that was smokey, turned out tender and juicy.  Better after a day or two in the frdge. 

Last night I smoked 3, 4-5lb racks of spareribs, using a local restuarant's rub, named Famous Daves.  Just to play it safe.  Took Icerat4's advice 4 hrs smoke, used Mesquite, and 6 hrs oven all at about 210f.  I did not do the apple juice, just wrapped in foil. Was still very good but I have to follow his full recipe, sounds great.

Still have to get some Bubba Pucks, if possible, and a couple digital thermometers.  This was a huge purchase for me and hope to learn a lot More from all of you.

Tomorrow, I will be smoking 3.5lb pork butt that is in a marinade, I believe is Habenaro Smokers.  With 2 cups apple Cider Vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, pepper, salt and onion powder.  I will try a rub that I got out of a book from The Loveless Cafe, in Memphis, Tenn..  I have used it without a smoker and love it.  Also an alsome seasoning salt.  If interested let me know, I do not want to break any copyrights.

Later
Smoke Lover  Bigtime ;D

You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now.

Joan Baez

HCT

Hi Smoke Lover, welcome to the forum. As you know by now this place is one of a kind and can't be beat. Enjoy your new smoker and just sit back and absorb everything these great people have to offer. Oh, what about the seaoning salt? ;D
Mike   
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

West Coast Kansan

S L welcome here. Post your adventures and above all have fun.   ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

hillbillysmoker

Welcome to the forum.  This is a great place to share adventures, ask questions, or just draw from the wealth of knowledge.  Hope that you will visit often and share with us your adventures.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

Welcome to the forum.

I would like to claim that marinade, but it doesn't look like mine. It may be BigSmoker's recipe. The next butts and brisket I smoke; I'm planing on brining first to see how it comes out.

Good luck with you smoke.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase.  Continue to enjoy the smokes, it only gets better from here.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Smoke_Lover

Here is the Loveless Seasoned Salt recipe.  I just love it.  This is from the book "The Loveless Cafe" by Jane and Michael Stern.  They also have a Wet Brine and a Dry Rub if you like this one.

1 cup Kosher Salt
1/3 cup Garlic Salt
3 TBLS  Celery Salt
2 TBLS Dry Mustard
1/2 TBLS Rubbed Sage
1 TS Dried Rosemary
1 1/2 TBLS Dried Oregano
1 TS Dried Thyme

I personaly used Garlic powder instead of Garlic salt.  I also put it in the Food Proccessor to blend the spices.

Sorry Hab I tried to find the original post to see who posted, but I have looked through so many my head is spinning<smoking> :D.

Any who, I am putting the Butt on the BS today with the Loveless Rub, will know how the cider works out tomorrow.

Loveless Dry Rub

1 12oz Box light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups granulated garlic
1 cup black pepper
1 cup thyme
2 cups chopped fresh oregano
2 cups Loveless Seasoned Salt
1 cup chili powder
1/4 cup celery salt
1/4 cup fennel seed
1/4 cup paprika

So many meats to smoke with so many different recipes.  I may gain 100lbs.

Later Guys

You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now.

Joan Baez

HCT

"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"