pork tenderloin

Started by okiesmoker, June 10, 2007, 12:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okiesmoker

Seasoned my new 6 rack today getting ready to put in pork tenderloin about 6 lbs thinking 3 hrs smoke and internal temp of 150 cabinet temp set to  225 what do you think

West Coast Kansan

Thinking you should send me some!  ;D You probably have it cut into 2 pieces. At 4 hours when you dump pucks and change water. You may want to rotate the racks. - The two ends of the loins cook at a bit different rates also.  But your setting good. The 150 is fine. I go a little more and many here go to 145. I admit to over cooking everything but have never dried anything out bad.  145 is just about 5 degrees to pink for us... You will know which way you want to go when this one is done.   ;)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

okiesmoker

I hope its edible when done after 1st hr internal temp already at 118

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Habanero Smoker

If it's a tenderloin, I believe that is one muscle. That cut is very lean, I would suggest just taking it to 145°F.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

hillbillysmoker

I agree with Habs on the temp.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

iceman

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on June 10, 2007, 01:41:11 PM
If it's a tenderloin, I believe that is one muscle. That cut is very lean, I would suggest just taking it to 145°F.
I'm with ya on this one Hab. 145 max. Still stays moist that way.