Brisket Flat and Baby Back Ribs

Started by Johnny Guitar, June 15, 2007, 09:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Guitar

Hi all,

I was hopin' to get oppinions about cooking time for a 6.5 ibs brisket flat.  The brisket will probably fit on one tray.  I was thinking about baby back for the other 3 trays. 

For the baby backs I fugure 3 hours hickory and 5 hours 220f.

I'm guessin' the brisket 10 hours  with two additional hours of pecan.

What does the gang say?
Cheers,

West Coast Kansan

I would say you have a plan and likely pretty close.  ;) Temps will tell.   ;D What is your plan on sequence of the cook with two different smoke flavors  ???

Thinking your going to have a good day!

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Johnny Guitar

I'm going to start out with the Brisket.  Get the Pecan smoke done.  After five hours add the ribs and the hickory smoke.  I'm hopin that the pecan and hickory will complement each other.
Cheers,

SKSmoker

Just my imho, I do not think pecan will mix with hickory. You have two opposing flavours. Hickory is very distinct and can be quite sharp! The pecan would be more soft and sweet.
Lead by example

Wildcat

Quote from: SKSmoker on June 16, 2007, 02:55:50 PM
Just my imho, I do not think pecan will mix with hickory. You have two opposing flavours. Hickory is very distinct and can be quite sharp! The pecan would be more soft and sweet.

Sounds like an adventure to me.  Go ahead - live on the wild side - you may like it - if not then you know what not to do.  :D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Gizmo

Don't forget a pre-warmed cooler will keep a foil wrapped rack for hours.  Pulled 3 boats of ribs at around 2 PM.  Place them in a pre-warmed cooler.  Headed to my friends 60th anniversary.  At 8:30 PM the 3rd boat rack was still at an I.T. of 120 Deg. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Johnny Guitar

11:00 The brisket has finished faster than I thought with a IT of 190.  So, I will FTC the brisket then put the ribs in.  IT looks like I don't have to worry about mixing the smoke.  Baby back should take less than 5 hours.
Cheers,