• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

I read a post

Started by Tiny Tim, June 19, 2007, 12:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

yesterday about somebody else wanting to jump into the world of selling smokers, but I can't find that post.  Anyway, I was another that wanted to, but Bradley has turned me down.  Would this be some kind of test to see how bad I want to be, or am I just plain out of luck?

Here is my response that was faxed from them yesterday.  "Thank you for your interest in carrying our product however at this time we do not feel that your company is right for our line of business".

The main reason I wanted to become a dealer, is that I live in a small town, and businesses here now need a wide variety of products to satisfy the needs of the community.  At present, we only sell Auto Parts, Tools, and Beverages (Liquor, Wine, Beer, Pop), and are looking at going into Hardware, and I thought that could branch into outdoors type stuff.

Think it would do any good to return their fax, while stating what I said in that last paragraph?

Tiny Tim

Update - I've written a letter that I will fax in the morning (their business hours are 2 hours later than mine, and our fax machine won't pick up on it's own).

I hope they can realize that I'm not doing this just to get discounted accessories or to try to get rich quick (those objectives are on the list, but near the bottom).  Basically, I'm just very happy with my smoker and want others in my area to experience the same satisfaction of smoking things themselves and getting back to the good old days of enjoying meats.

iceman

Good luck Tiny. Hope they come around for you. It could only increase the sales for them and benifit both of you. ;)

HCT

Best wishes on your venture.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

LilSmoker

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

begolf25

TT,

I think it would be a good idea to send them your letter explaining your situation. I have had nothing but a great experience dealing with Bradley as a dealer and I think they would be very responsive once you have explained the circumstances.

Bryan

Tiny Tim

Thanks everybody.

About 45 minutes before they open and my fax goes into the machine. :D

NePaSmoKer

Good luck Tim, hope they side with you and you sell many smokers.

nepas

Tiny Tim

Thanks NePa.

Fax is in and now awaiting their reply.  Heading out on my sales call for Parts (actually just to BS with some buddies, but I call it a sales call :D ) right now.

MRH

TT,

Good luck, I bet you are competing with Scheels etc and maybe that is why they are being that way.

Mark

Tiny Tim

Thanks MRH.  Could be, but it's still 60+ miles to the closest Bradley Dealer that I know of.  If they let me, great, if they don't, their loss. :D

Just looked at the dealer locator.  Estherville, Sioux City, West Des Moines, and Council Bluffs are the closest to me, and all are 60+ miles.  *Shrug*

standles

Don't know about those specific dealers but when I was looking for one I was excited to see that Bass Pro Shops was a dealer.  There is one less than 3 miles from my house.   

Unfortunately they told me they DO NOT STOCK THEM but could put it on a RAPID ORDER.   I asked waht exatly rapid meant and they said delievered to the store in 3-4 weeks.  ???

Enter Chez Bubba and a great deal with great people. 

Steven

Tiny Tim

I'm hoping I can provide a little quicker service than that. :D 

I enjoy going above and beyond expectations, especially on products that I like and know.

NePaSmoKer

Tim did you hear back from em yet?

nepas

Tiny Tim

Not yet, and I won't any more today as I'm locking up and going home as soon as this post is submitted. :D

Hoping they fax me back tomorrow with an affirmative, so I can set my plans for global domination in motion....I mean, start bringing smiles to local peoples faces. :D :D :D :D