• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Help on Cornish Rock Hens

Started by rdperry, June 24, 2007, 09:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdperry

Can someone give me some input on smoking 4 Rock Hens for a dinner party next month.
Rub or no Rub, how many hours at what temp? Using the standard Bradley Smoker.
Any suggestions on side dishes?
Thanks.

CLAREGO

how many post are there for this ?

rdperry

I posted on two other forums so I didn't miss anyone. I'm not sure who reads what.

Is that all you have to offer? How many posts??

Sorry if I bothered you.

chuck steak

hey Rdperry,
If you will scrool down to the bottom of the FORUM page you will see a "dark blu" icon that reads " most recent post" click on this icon and page back. Thats the best way I have found to keep up with what I posted where and see all the good folks that have posted help for me. There's just so much good info on here and I guess some have burnt wood in their tanks. 99.9% of the time folks are very eager to help thro, just lQQk at me 3 weeks ago I was a rookie. hahahaha
To be clear scroll to top of this page Click HOME then scroll to bottom of that page look for FORUM STATS there you will fin MOST RECENT POST click that to find yur post ot replies to yur post.

chuck steak

Quote from: rdperry on June 24, 2007, 09:26:59 AM
Can someone give me some input on smoking 4 Rock Hens for a dinner party next month.
Rub or no Rub, how many hours at what temp? Using the standard Bradley Smoker.
Any suggestions on side dishes?
Thanks.
May I suggest, first use a BRIME for the birds B4 smoking... Olds and Icerat has a link to Olds place for the recipe for poultry brimes. Second, use a temp gauge to judge doneness.
I would use apple smoke for 4 hours then finish off in the oven once guest arrive. the smell fron oven will rock their world.
as side dishes go, I would have an apple salad with rasins and walnuts, then brussels sprouts. Trim the ends as you would do cabbage ( reduces tartness) then simmer in chix broth with bacon bits( add alittle lemon zest if you got tha talent) next nuke a few ( or steam)  A red or B red taters let cool cut into chunks or halfed (depending on "A" size or "B" size)add butter parsely and sour cream next drain the juice from a cann of beets add 1/2 cup sugar to juice simmer till sugar melts add beets back to juice serve warm,,, now round here a wedge of cantaloup and THICK slice of tomatoe, cukecumber and green onion as a relish plate is a standard.
Good luck with yur dinner party

CLAREGO