Nother Newbie here....

Started by gdoily, June 24, 2007, 10:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdoily

Background - had a wood fired pit with smoker tower on it for years till the wife made me jettison it on account of poor architectual appeal.  Oilfield welder built it for me so it wasn't perfect and required lots of tlc during process for good results.  But when the results were good, they were phenomenal :o  Anyway, didn't fight too hard because it was getting less and less use due to paininazz factor.

5 years ago bought a large green egg to replace.  Have loved the egg for everything except true deep smoke flavor poultry, pork and beef.  Light smoke is good and grilling is great, but..

So yesterday, I am in Cabela's picking up gear for a fishing trip to Saskatchewan and pass throught the smoker section.  Start looking them over with no prior homework.  The Bradley clearly seems to be the best in quality/price, plus the young man helping me owns one personally and loves it.  I am really particular about studying products ahead of purchase, but the SS model was on sale at a super price and snapped it up.  Did follow up study after the fact, found this site, and now am comfortable I made a good decision.  Two yardbirds smokin away right now, so we shall see!

Great info here - thanks for sharin.  Hope to be able to add something to the community as I learn. 8)

West Coast Kansan

You are gladly welcome here especially as you post your experiences and share results  :)

Your path to Bradley is one that is pretty well worn here. The unit can throw you some curves, especially getting used to cooking with a 500W light bulb, but it was a great choice with lots of support here from my experience  ;D

Pretty  8) little machine.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

hillbillysmoker

Welcome to the forum.  I hope you will feel free to share your adventures, ask questions, or just to draw from the knowledge posted here by some mighty friendly people.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

iceman

Welcome aboard gdoily. I think your in for a treat. ;D

standles

Ahhh....

The beggining of the Bradley Sickness....

Lets sit back and watch the different stages happen.  ;D

HCT

Welcome gdoily, are you ready for a new addiction? Enjoy.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

begolf25

Welcome to the forum gdoily! You won't be disappointed.

Bryan

gdoily

Thanks for the welcomes!  Been out of town for a few, but back and ready to experiment some more.  First round with two whole chickens turned out quite nice indeed.  Today (4th) is chicken leg qtrs and Sat is two pork shoulders. 8)