Careful with that smoker!!

Started by Dare, June 25, 2007, 03:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dare

I haven't found this info anywhere else so I thought I'd stop lurking and post.

Got my new bds(from amazon) and unpacked it Saturday.  Admired all the dings (inside and out) that UPS was so thoughtful to put in it for me as I blew the styrofoam bits out.  But none that affected the seal of the door (yet).  Washed all the racks and stuff in the dishwasher and loaded them back into the smoker.  Then I noticed that my thumbs where all sliced up.  Paper thin slices of skin cut from the pad to the palm.

I think it came from the drip pan but I was brushing styrofoam off everything and handling it all so who knows. 

All the noobs like me better be careful at first.  Any deeper and it could have been serious - but entirely my fault.

Still waiting for the bisquettes that I ordered at the same time.  Why doesn't Bradley include 3-6 bisquettes for seasoning in the smoker?  Anybody have a good source in the Bay Area, CA.

Anyway thanks for letting me lurk.  I'm learning something everytime I log on.

The Dare

Consiglieri

I haven't found a convenient location for bisquettes in NorCal.  I just order them online.  My sources, however, are changing and don't have a source I could recommend.  You can try ebay, where I found my smoker and bought my first bisquettes, or you can search online, or one of our members here just started his own business and carries them.  His link is http://www.yardandpool.com/home.php?cat=0

Consiglieri

chuck steak

I concer, for 500.00 buckaroo's seems like a pac of pucks wouldn't be to much to include. maybe that special blend stuff they can't move would be a good choice. you know like a sample kinda of thang.

cingnut

I get mine from Amazon, 5 dollars cheaper per box than anywhere else I have found, plus free shipping. 

Dare

Yeah, with the free shipping I couldn't beat Amazon's price.  I just don't like to wait for anything I might need.  I'll have to keep an eye on my usage.

I keep checking ebay.  As soon as I find out what I like I may go that route. A bulk buy would be best.

Thnaks C & C.  :)

The Dare

CLAREGO

ups is not the way to be delivered you ever been to a shipment plant well it seems they don't take care of the boxes in any means on eBay i always try to use usps. not speaking for all of them. for a purchase over a certain point i would make sure to get insurance on it

Tiny Tim

Quote from: chuck steak on June 25, 2007, 04:04:42 PM
I concer, for 500.00 buckaroo's seems like a pac of pucks wouldn't be to much to include. maybe that special blend stuff they can't move would be a good choice. you know like a sample kinda of thang.

Funny you mention that, as that is exactly what my plan is, if and when Bradley lets me sell their smokers.  Along with personally delivering, unpacking, and getting the seasoning session started.

Dare

Funny you mention that, as that is exactly what my plan is, if and when Bradley lets me sell their smokers.  Along with personally delivering, unpacking, and getting the seasoning session started.
[/quote]

Do you also get the first chicken out of the smoker? What happens when you ship cross country? How much would your local reps make?  Would you pay in bisquettes?

Seriously, package deal would be the way to go.  Three pucks and 6 SB bisquettes included, set up and trouble shooting.  Keep some generators around for a quick replace and repair.

Is there a list of mods for this box? Things we should be doing - like sanding the sharp edges down  ;), etc.?

The Dare

begolf25

Quote from: Tiny Tim on June 26, 2007, 07:00:05 AM

TT,

That is a great idea! It would really add a personal touch to the sale. Has Bradley given you any updates since you faxed your letter over?

Bryan

Tiny Tim

Well, I gave up on the fax and called them either Thursday or Friday....they told me to send in a credit application and we'd go from there.  Got a feeling they're not gonna like what they find in the credit report though.  I sent it in that same day though and still waiting for them to quit laughing, I guess. :D :D

CLAREGO