The Flavor of Smoke

Started by Johnny Guitar, June 25, 2007, 09:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Guitar

I was wondering if anybody could help me..........I'm having a hard time distiguishing between the different flavors of smoke.  I pretty much have figured out the meskete is very distinct.  But does apple impart a apple taste.  Does cheery taste like cherry?
Cheers,

bunnydude

I could rreally tell the differance in the chariteristics of the different flavors of the wood.

I had a little chief and it was extreamly distinct. With the OBS I have done Alder, Mesquite,and Pecan and tomorrow I will do a pecan/apple on a butt and I am thinking I should have a sweet applishnutty flavor 8).

One thing I have noticed with the bradley is the smoke has a much more cleaner taste to it than my little chief and that I think really sets the flavor apart for me.

Ihope that helps answer your questions. :)

CLAREGO

take the devils puck to some ribs then try apple to ribs you will figure it out !

Oldman

Man o man there is a big difference in the woods for me. BTW my main stay is Oak... Alder is good for a mild smoke. -

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

CLAREGO

yeah i herd there taking bourbon barrels and makinf pucks out of them. I got this gift card for bass pro all they had was alder and apple. so got one box of each i think next time i hit cabelas im going for a big box of oak and good ole hickory .

Tiny Tim

The Canadians are lucky on this one.  Crown Royal has partnered with Bradley to chop up a bunch of their barrells to be made into pucks, and a pack included with bottles of Crown.  Didn't say it was gonna happen down here in the States though.

CLAREGO

Tiny Tim

Quote from: TheCLAREGO on June 28, 2007, 05:01:03 PM
thats it sorry

Don't be sorry, I thought maybe the Tenneseans and Kentuckians were gonna let us have some specially flavored pucks too. :D

SKSmoker

Any info on where us canuks can aquire the said pucks? Are they only with bottles of Crown?
Lead by example

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: SKSmoker on June 28, 2007, 09:48:24 PM
Any info on where us canuks can aquire the said pucks? Are they only with bottles of Crown?

Go to the Bradley site and read the Summer 2007 newsletter. In August they are doing a promotional by giving away the 48 pack of bisquettes with a purchase of Crown Royal in certain provinces. I'm hoping they will start selling to the general public, shortly after that.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

SKSmoker

I'm on it like a sonic. Thanks!
Lead by example