Just ordered a 4 rack DBS

Started by KyNola, June 28, 2007, 07:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Hey guys, brand new here.  Just ordered the new 4 rack DBS.  Really excited for it to arrive.  I will have tons of questions I'm sure so bear with me.  Have been reading the forum and you all are a wealth of knowledge.  Thanks for your education.

Arcs_n_Sparks

KyNola,

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Lots of good help here, answers on the forum, and great receipes. Make sure you post the good, bad, and ugly so we can learn as well. Pictures never hurt, especially if you want to torture other forum members.

Arcs_n_Sparks

KyNola

Thanks so much.  First question is why can you not use aluminum foil in the DBS?

SKSmoker

What do you want to use it for? Some people use it to "boat" their food to keep it moist. Some people use it if they have a mixed smoke load going on. You can us Alum foil in the DBS.. if you couldn't, some people here would riot! :P
Lead by example

Gizmo

The most common reason to not use foil is to not block the ability of the liquids from your products to drain properly through the V-Tray and into the water bowl and for smoke to flow through the box.  If you are using small pieces of foil to wrap around food, there should be no problem. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Another reason for the warning about aluminum foil is that it can restrict heat flow, and allow heat can build up. As long as you don't block the slots and drain hole in the V-tray, and/or fully cover the trays with foil you should be alright.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KyNola

Once again, thank you.  I thought I read somewhere that you couldn't use foil in the DBS.  My mistake I guess.

hillbillysmoker

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum.  Please feel free to share your adventures, ask questions, and draw from the wealth of knowledge found here.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

SKSmoker

I never even thought people would try to put alum foil on the vpan.. how else do you expect the heat to get out? you learn something new every day!
Lead by example

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: SKSmoker on June 29, 2007, 08:47:34 AM
I never even thought people would try to put alum foil on the vpan.. how else do you expect the heat to get out? you learn something new every day!

After covering the V-pan with foil, you just make slits at the slots and drain hole locations, and fold the foil underneath so the slots are clear. I've done this on occasion, but for me it's not worth the effort.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

LilSmoker

Hi and welcome KyNola, it's all been said regarding the foil, so i'll just say gongrats on ordering the DBS  ;)

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes