• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

salt in the wound

Started by car54, July 16, 2007, 03:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

car54

I'm just getting some heaviness off my chest. This group is rather understanding . 

As some of you know, my 11 year old grandson's father was killed in Iraq 2 months ago. He inherited about 16 acres of land with a mobile home in northern Wisconsin. He found out on Sunday that it had burned to the ground. The police don't know what happened but I would think that there will be an investigation. When Taylor found out about this, he started cutting the lawn on the riding mower, The same thing he did when his father died. He did not cry but I know that he was hurting. If you can, please say a prayer for him.

Thanks, Brad

manxman

Words fail me when you hear of the heartache some folks have to endure, especially children.

There will be plenty of prayers said here from forum members, me included.

Manxman

Wildcat

Our prayers are with you.  My youngest brother reacted the same way years ago when one of our Grandmothers passed.  My brother was coping by staying busy.  We gave him time and worked hard at being around him more often, talking about other things, doing things together, etc.  He eventually talked and let it all out.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

Brad

Me and my wife will have him in our prayers.

nepas

begolf25

Brad,

You and your family will be in our prayers.

Bryan

Macman

Having 3 children myself, my heart aches when I hear of these incidents.  I truly hope that this wasn't a senseless act and we are with the others in praying for your grandson and his family.

Our prayers are with you all.

Andy

West Coast Kansan

Venting welcome c54.  :-X No words but bummed.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Habanero Smoker

My thoughts are with your grandson, and your family. He is fortunate to have a great extended family to see him through this.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

He is indeed a lucky boy to have family like you folks to help him through. Ann and I will always have a prayer for him.
Quote from: Habanero Smoker on July 17, 2007, 02:14:29 AM
My thoughts are with your grandson, and your family. He is fortunate to have a great extended family to see him through this.

Kummok

Sending PM to you off-line, but know that prayers are with him and your family....

HCT

I'm not much of a prayer but all of you will be in a special prayer and thought.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

LilSmoker

That's very sad news, makes me wonder what it's all about at times?  ???

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes