Got the BS

Started by mikemaupin, July 20, 2007, 05:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikemaupin

Well fellows got the BS and was very impressed with the unit. Put it together in about 10 min with no tools, so  easy a cave man could do it. I put 6 pucks in it and run it till the smoke stopped, it left 2 un- used. now I know what a Bubba puck is. No problem as I have a home machine shop and I can turn out a coupla of those from bar stock in a few minutes. I had a doc appt today so didnt get to do anything as my eyes were dillated but I am headed to the food store in the morn, The the thermometer wont be here till tomorrow anyway.
I didnt even turn on the main element while seasoning the unit and had problems heeping it at the required 150 them because or the heat generated by the generator. It was about 90 outside so I guess cold smoking is out till winter right?
BTW what is FTC dose it have something to do with the delayed temp rise after you remove the food from the smoker, its a term I am not familar with, sorry. Mike

Mr Walleye

Hi Mike

Here is a thread with a good definition of FTC for you. It really does work wonders and allows for a time buffer when doing longer smokes such as butts.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=1299.0

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

mikemaupin

Thanks Walleye, thats very interesting and I will pick up a small cooler tomorrow, Many thanks, Mike

Gizmo

Quote from: mikemaupin on July 20, 2007, 05:38:37 PM

I didnt even turn on the main element while seasoning the unit and had problems heeping it at the required 150 them because or the heat generated by the generator. It was about 90 outside so I guess cold smoking is out till winter right?

You can use an aluminum dryer hose and extend the smoke generator away from the oven.  Use some ice and you can still stay under 100. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/