• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

King Salmon is king today.

Started by kiyotei, July 22, 2007, 05:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MWS

Fantastic looking T2. WOW is all I need to say.
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Kummok

Alright, Mike & Tom......we just launched an investigation to see where all the King salmon have gone and we think this video offers a definite lead...... (the language is rotten, but the video speaks volumes on what's happening to the Kings!  :o ) http://community.adn.com/?q=adn/node/109080    ;)

Gizmo

If you catch a whale (albeit via a King), do you get the jackpot for biggest fish?  Don't think the rest of the anglers will require you to boat since they will all go overboard with the weight.  ::)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

oguard

Hey Kummok great vid.Last year in Nootka sound we had a smmaller orca that would play with boats motors and anything else that was in the water.A couple boats got damaged pretty bad.One boat I believe
Luna the whale played with for more than an hour.

Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

tsquared

That's pretty dramatic video! At least the guys in the video limited their response to swearing! A couple of years ago these 2 idiots down here were in a 14 foot aluminum boat when an orca took their fish just as they were trying to net it.  the clown on the net smacks the orca on the nose with the net! :o The orca responds by going under the boat and giving the boys a little reminder of who's the boss and nearly tips the boat right over. (Where does an orca eat his salmon dinner? Anywhere he wants to!)
The seals have been playing havoc with our fish this year. I've lost 5 kings to the seals this year so far.
T2

Kummok

Dang....all we usually have to worry about is sharks taking a chunk!

tsquared

I used to have blue sharks give us problems when I had a commercial troller but we cleaned all our fish on board and left quite a blood trail in the water. An big ugly 3 prong hook on a piece of downrigger cable with a salmon head on it, dangled in the wake of the troller usually took care of that. Can't do that with the seals tho or I'd have the huggers on my butt. (On the other hand, the rest of the sportsfishermen would prbably elect me to office! :D)
T2

Kummok

Quote from: tsquared on August 04, 2007, 05:46:38 AM
.... (On the other hand, the rest of the sportsfishermen would prbably elect me to office! :D)
T2

You'll get my vote IF you take out those cute little, lovable otters too! Dang things have pretty well stripped the Bay of it's crab population!

Stickbowcrafter

My stomach is growling...I have some silver (coho) salmon in the smoker as I type this...

-Brian