• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Bricks in the Bradley

Started by wicz, August 13, 2007, 07:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wicz

I have seen pictures of some brandley owners adding a brick in the smoker.  What does the brick to?

Tiny Tim

Adds mass to hold heat to help with recovery time after loading the smoker and other door openings.

wicz

How many bricks should place in the smoker?

Gizmo

I don't use one but I believe the folks that do only put 1 brick in.  I suspect one reason is the room and 1 may be enough for their needs.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

I just place one next to the water bowl. Others have placed more bricks in their BS by placing them on unused racks.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Smudge

This is something I do only in the wintertime to help moderate temp swings when having to open the door. I live in Minnesota, and the two bricks I use really help in recovering the operating temperature. Of course the preheat takes considerably longer, as the bricks need to fully come up to the inside ambient temp. As you could imagine, storing them inside the house overnight helps a lot.

wicz

Thank you guys for the info.  I will pick up two bricks next time I am by Home depot.

car54

I put as many bricks in as I am able to, I believe it is 4. It is a 1 time thing and it helps to moderate the temperature when you have to open the door.

Brad

hillbillysmoker

I use an old time flat iron. Fits nicely (smaller than a brick) and seems to hold more heat.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes