DBS error code ??

Started by Artmiester, August 16, 2007, 05:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artmiester

Last weekend while up at my buddy's beating up on some ABTs we noticed that about every 3rd or 4th puck cycle his DBS would show an "E" in the smoke timer window and beep five times. Everything was operating normally (we didn't hear anything different like grinding or binding) and then continue on for a few more normal cycles. This was with a four hour stack of pucks with three Bubba pucks up top all lined up nice and level. Too much weight? Has anyone else experienced this? Don't want to void the warranty by opening the generator but don't know if we should go to Bradley with it or not. I know how well they cover things like this but feel maybe it's not worth reporting since I can't find anything on this in the manual. ??? ??? ;D
The Artmiester

"BBQs not the only pleasure in this world but it's way ahead of whatever's in second place."

Consiglieri

No clue, but the Bradley people are very helpful and can probably straighten this out for you.
Consiglieri

Artmiester

Thanks Consiglieri, It's my buddy's machine so I'm making sure he sent his warranty in before contacting Bradley but I'm sure to do it. Funny thing, our local Bradley dealer lives three doors down from him and he thought we were putting him on when we told him. :D
The Artmiester

"BBQs not the only pleasure in this world but it's way ahead of whatever's in second place."

Gizmo

I would suggest calling Bradley.

I have had 4 hours of smoke with 3 bubbas on top and not a peep out of the box.

The intermittent error codes are probably 1 of 2 things.  A loose wire or sensor cord, or a faulty circuit board in the smoke gen.  Do you know if there was a number behind the E?

Either way, tech support will get you dialed in straight away.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Artmiester

Hey Giz,
I don't believe we saw any code numbers following the "E" but I'll have my buddy check during this weekend's load.
Thanks for the support! ;D
The Artmiester

TapOrSnap

Mine gets the E error code when the slider thing can't open up to drop the next puck. I usually  remove the pucks, remove the generator, and use canned air to blow out any obstructions, and it usually starts working again.

Smoke_Lover

I bought my Bradley in June and had problems with the puck advance.  I have not sent in any warranty card, but when I emailed Bradley they sent out a new smoke gen..  They responded right away to my email with a phone number and person to talk to.  She asked for the serial number on the back.  Why wait if you don't have to?

I had the replacement within 4 days, and I had called on a Friday.  Due to the rain I am only just testing the new gen. out today and it seems to be working perrfect ;D ;D.

Great Customer Service :)

This is also my first test of the Bubba Pucks, but they are raited highly by many members on this board.

Good luck
SL
You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now.

Joan Baez

Artmiester

Hi there Smoke Lover,
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the warranty info and I'll e-mail Bradley today. Sounds like a good way to have a gen for spare parts in the future too; although this unit seems to work fine except for the "E" that keeps showing up. ;D
The Artmiester

Artmiester

Well, I set My buddy up with Bradley. Registered his machine and got a phone number for him to call. His initial call involved opening the generator and checking for loose connections, making sure there was no chips in the way, etc. Now he's on his fourth call and each time he gets a new task from his rep to "try this". He has done two smokes in between phone calls and has to reassemble the generator each time and now the puck pusher skips it's task every few cycles. Unfortunately, at this point he's doing a slow burn and getting ready to go over her head. So much for Bradley's "guarranty" which I always thought meant replacement and a "warranty" which means repair after troubleshooting. They wouldn't even send him a return label for shipping after he mentioned on the fourth call that he was a chef and not a repair man.
And so it goes... ??? ??? >:(
The Artmiester

Mr Walleye

Art

Tell him to ask to speak to Brian Nelson and explain his complaint with what has been going on. I have never had a problem dealing with him.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Artmiester

Thanks Mike!
I'll do exactly that.
The Artmiester

Artmiester

At last! My buddy was making his last call to Bradley and armed with Brian Nelson's name to try and get his situation resolved. He tried to contact his rep that he had been dealing with first and was told by the person who picked up that she had left early but was there anything "I can do to help you". When he started to unload his tale of woe she immediately appologized and updated his status from warranty call to replacement and set up to ship him a new generator!
I guess it just takes getting the right person on the phone. Couldn't find out what was going on with the other rep except that there was some "internal" problem.??. Anyway, we're holding our breath...  ;D ;D
The Artmiester

Mr Walleye

Artmiester

Glad to here you guys are making some progress and it should be resolved. Normally they are very good to deal with, Like you say, sometimes it just takes one bad apple. In the few dealings I've had with them they have been excellent and delt with any issues promptly.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

iceman

Like MW I've had positive results any time I've contacted Bradley. Glad to hear things changed in the right direction for you.