• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoked Beer Can Pollo

Started by NePaSmoKer, August 21, 2007, 08:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Getting ready for 2 smoked beer can chickies (Pollo). 1 Hr 20 Mins with smoke then into the Weber. When doing them this way make sure the breast meat reaches 180* and cook indirect if you can so the legas dont get burnt to a crisp  ;D

I will have pics (as soon as the chicken POLLO gets dethawed) and i can get em goin

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Pollo in the works  ;D

In BS for 1 hr 20 min hickory and maple @170 then into weber

nepas

NePaSmoKer

In the Weber for cookin after the smoke.

NePaSmoKer

Gizmo

That bird's got a pretty tan NePa.  I likes.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

iceman

Nepa, looks like your hanging out with some pretty good looking chicks. :D ;D

Kell

Nice chicken.  Did you do a brine?  Was it "smokey" enough at 1hr20min?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: iceman on August 23, 2007, 09:04:49 AM
Nepa, looks like your hanging out with some pretty good looking chicks. :D ;D

Looks like you do too ice  ;D

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Kell on August 23, 2007, 09:48:09 AM
Nice chicken.  Did you do a brine?  Was it "smokey" enough at 1hr20min?

Nope dont brine. 1 hr 20 is plenty of smoke. Anything i smoke only gets 1 to 2 hrs of smoke anyways  ;D

nepas

Kell

I'll have to try chicken again in the smoker but this time will cook on the grill or rotisserie after the smoke.  The last time I did chicken in the smoker....eww skin was rubbery.  Yours looks so good, thanks for the pics.

LilSmoker

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

La Quinta

Those are cute little suckers I must say!! Looks delicious!! I haven't done one in a while...going to now!!! :)

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: La Quinta on August 25, 2007, 10:07:45 AM
Those are cute little suckers I must say!! Looks delicious!! I haven't done one in a while...going to now!!! :)

One of my top 5 fav smokes  ;D

nepas

Consiglieri

Looks very tasty. Admit I haven't had much luck smoking birds.  Ends up a little too strong for my tastes.  That said, I think the beer can method is the bomb.  I love rotisserie chicken, but something about the beer/liquid infusion just really hits the spot.  That said, at this time of year, when I start thinking of my birthday "physical" the posture of the bird works too hard on my imagination.   Forties suck, but birthdays still rock.

I'll grow up some day.

Cheers all.
Consiglieri