Door Seal Problems?

Started by SueBn, October 20, 2004, 04:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSmoker

Sue,
Kirk has the SS model for $550.00 which includes 60 pucks.
Just click on smokers in the shopping cart area.

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Chez Bubba

Sue & all,

Haven't updated the website yet[B)] but we sell the Stainless with a 60-pack for $500.00, plus the 10% bisquette discount. Yes, we tack on actual UPS, no S&H crap.

We've been giving $50 refunds to people who order on the net. If you call us, we just charge your card the correct amount.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I swear I think I remember somebody even getting a used unit. I could be wrong about that though?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I remember that thread.... IMO someone sold for new a re-worked deal.

Also I believe Chez Ole Boy still offers a 10% off of future puck purchase for those who purchased an unit from him.

I ordered mine on a Fri nite and got it on a Tues or Wed from Chez.

*Cough Cough* Chez Ole Boy I did not get discount on my SS~~[:(]

Don't worry I still sort-of-love-ya.... umm I think LOL!!!!!

I just bustin' your chops! Now go smoke them LOL~~~~LMSO!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

BigRed

Quote<i>Originally posted by SueBn</i>
<br />Thanks so much for all of the suggestions - it has definitly helped. I have decided to purchase a SS and give the original BS to my dad (sorry Big Red). So far, the best price I have found is $479 with no shipping, handling or tax. Does anyone know if there is a better deal to be had[?]  

Thanks,
Sue[:I]

Sue
My wife will kill me since she says I stick my noise in to other peoples business BUT why SS? I looked at both and went wtith the regular black smoker not only because of the price but because EVERY SS smoker or cooker or grill look terrible if you don't spit shine them after every use. Maybe they cook better but I don't think so.
WELL that was my 2 cents. Hope your Dad can salvage your old black BS. Once it gets fixed maybe you should have a cook off, Black vs Stainless Steel!

BigRED

SueBn

Thanks Chez - I will call - I love discounts[:D]

And Big Red - your 2 cents make sense[;)] but SS will match the existing outdoor equipment. I doubt it will cook any better than the black since the SS is only on the exterior, but it sure will look pretty[8)]

Sue

Sue

BigRed

<br />Thanks Chez - I will call - I love discounts[:D]

And Big Red - your 2 cents make sense[;)] but SS will match the existing outdoor equipment. I doubt it will cook any better than the black since the SS is only on the exterior, but it sure will look pretty[8)]

Sue

Sue
SOMETIME PRETTY IS IMPORTANT!!!

BigRED

Smalls

Sue,
 I ordered my BS from Ebay from a guy with an ID of smokin_with_bradley.  I got a black BS, 4 xtra racks, a cover, 60 pack of bisquettes and free shipping for $399.  I think he has a stainless smoker for $469 with free shipping.  He was very helpful and my shipment arrived in about 6 days.  Chez also has great customer service and prices too.
Bill

SueBn

Thanks for the tip Bill - I will remember that - but I ordered from Kirk yesterday based on their CS.

Hey Big Red! I decided to keep my oringal BS and replace the bad parts - it can't hurt to have 2 - right? I will usually smoke for 4 to 5 days straight during salmon season, so this may cut it down to 2! Yeah!!![:D]

Sue

BigRed

<br />Thanks for the tip Bill - I will remember that - but I ordered from Kirk yesterday based on their CS.

Hey Big Red! I decided to keep my oringal BS and replace the bad parts - it can't hurt to have 2 - right? I will usually smoke for 4 to 5 days straight during salmon season, so this may cut it down to 2! Yeah!!![:D]

Sue

Smart decision to "keep and fix"! Exactly what I wanted to do. Can't convenience the Mrs. I should have two BS's. How much salmon do you smoke? Once smoked, how do you store it?

BigRED

SueBn

Hi Big Red! After much "gentle persusian"[;)] I convinced my hubby of the benefits of having 2 B.S. i.e. not getting up in the middle of the night to check on a large batch!![xx(] I really never figured out how many lbs. of salmon I smoke, but I would guess it would be well over 100 lbs. I shrink wrap it and freeze it.  I give the majority of it away to friends, family, business associates and clients (if they are nice ones!)  We are entering into crab season next week, but I can't think of any way to use the BS for crab.  Of course, any good crab recipes would be welcome, and recipes for using smoke salmon? I have quite a few but am always on the lookout for new ones[:I]

Sue

Sue

BigSmoker

Sue,
How 'bout sharing your smoked salmon technique/recipe[:D].  
Also what kind of crabs are they?  I'm thinking whole soft shell crabs, snow or king legs cold or hot smoked with alder or alder with a few pecan pucks would make a killer blue crab sandwich or legs for butter and garlic dippin' or maybe even better smoked crab salad[:p]

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

BigRed

<br />Hi Big Red! After much "gentle persusian"[;)] I convinced my hubby of the benefits of having 2 B.S. i.e. not getting up in the middle of the night to check on a large batch!![xx(] I really never figured out how many lbs. of salmon I smoke, but I would guess it would be well over 100 lbs. I shrink wrap it and freeze it.  I give the majority of it away to friends, family, business associates and clients (if they are nice ones!)  We are entering into crab season next week, but I can't think of any way to use the BS for crab.  Of course, any good crab recipes would be welcome, and recipes for using smoke salmon? I have quite a few but am always on the lookout for new ones[:I]

Sue

Sue
 Don't know if you have this recipe or not but it is AWESOME Salmon Patte. Now you have to keep this a secret from the rest of the world.

1 pound of cooked salmon (smoked might be even better!)
can use can of red salmon

1-8 oz package of salmon flavoerd cream cheese (wife uses regular cream chesse  other is hard to find)

1 tbsp. Lemon juice
1-teaspoon grated onion
1/4 teaspoon OLD HICKORY SMOKED SALT  brand Spice Island ( this ingredient is a must  - very important)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or pecan)
2 tbsp. Parsley

Flake salmon
Combine all ingredients except walnuts and parsley
Shape into ball on platter
Cover wiyh nuts & parsley
Refrigerate at least couple of hours before serving (can be made days in advance)

I have yet to find anyone who does not rave about this patte! Now from what you have said, you must use a foodsaver vacum sealer. They are great! I have never attempted to suck up and freeze smoked/cooked fish and am just wondering on how long it will keep and if it comes out mushy when defrosted?

In Texas we do not have access to tons of sea food. I smoke salmon on a Cameron stove top smoker. Put the alder saw dust in the bottom, put the fish on the rack, close the top and in twenty minutes we are eating smoked salmon just as good as any I have had professionally smoked. This is the reason for all my questions above on what you do after you smoke the fish.  Sorry about the long e-mail but I am curious about things I have not done on the BS.

BigRED

SueBn

Thanks for the recipe Big Red!  It sounds yummy[:p] Here is the brine I use.  It was given to me from a very old (89) gentleman in Tillamook, Oregon that told me it has been handed down from generation to generation in his family. It is really quite simple, in fact I have changed marinades lately because I like a little sweeter taste.
1 gal. water
1 3/4 c. non-iodized salt
1/2 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Brn. Sugar
1 TB. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. allspice
 I filet the fish and debone it and then cut it in about 2" to 3" slices. I brine it, meat down, for about 10-12 hours, rinse, and smoke, with alder, approx. 10 hours (depending on thickness). I usually rely on the finger or taste test to tell when it is done. I am using the Foodsaver Professional II and it works great. In fact I have one at home and one in the RV so I can vacuum pack the fresh salmon, crab, abalone, etc. as soon as we catch them.  By the way the crab in dungeness and I shuck it immediately so all I am freezing or storing is the meat.[^]  Oh I forgot - the frozen smoked salmon is not mushy at all.  We don't keep it for any longer than 10 to 12 months though.

Sue

Sue