Best prices on a large Green Egg

Started by SmokinMoe, October 23, 2004, 03:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinMoe

I am on the hunt for a large green egg for my husband for Christmas. I am hoping that by getting him this, he will want to cook more, thus giving me much more time.  That is my dream, please don't burst my bubble! LOL
It has to be a man-thing to grill, I am on a smoking mission and want him to be part of the grilling tradition.
Does anyone know where I can get the best price for a large green egg?
Thanks in advance,
Michelle
"If I have to cook, I might as well watch it all go up in smoke!"

nsxbill

I think you are going to find that the green egg is pretty much fair traded.  I would look at the oval if you are going to really need any extra cooking space.  

I bought a 48" Stainless grill several years ago.  If I didn't have it, I too would probably be looking at the Oval Egg.  

Viking makes a stainless wrapped egg if you really want to spend some money, and it is one of those grills that makes men want to grunt like Tim Allen talking about his tools!  
http://www.universal-akb.com/vic4oucovc.html  I almost bought a Viking kitchen - one of each item for our kitchen remodel, but shyed away when I read about the war stories on support after the sale.  I ended up getting many different items from different manufaturers, at much better price out of Reno dealer, and didn't have to pay sales tax.  This is a sweet looking unit, but wll beyond my budget, and Viking reputation leaves much to be desired.

A mere $1975 for the egg + another $2379 for the 41" cart.   A real bargain! (OUCH)

Jeff, one of our fellow listers has the green egg, and loves it.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

BigSmoker

SmokinMoe,
I have a BGE and a Primo Oval.  The oval is larger and more versitile than the egg.  The Viking is the same size as a large BGE and Primo Kamado.  Primo receives the stainless shell from Viking and puts their ceramic shell inside.  It is a nice cooker but like Bill said very expensive.

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

MallardWacker

Miichelle,

Go over to http://www.azbbqa.com/, Arizona BBQ Assoc, those guys use alot of those green eggs over there.  They are great helpful folks. HTH

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...