• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Aluminum

Started by owrstrich, October 25, 2004, 12:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owrstrich

the bs manual say something about not putting aluminum inside the bs...

the reason i ask is i have been using a disposable aluminum roasting pan to hold the water and discarded pucks instead of the origional steel water pan...

i know the hipopta agavis that is found in every bottle of cusano rojo mezcal propagates grandiose delusions...

what impact is associated with aluminum as it pertains to the bs...  

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by owrstrich</i>
<br />i know the hipopta agavis that is found in every bottle of cusano rojo mezcal propagates grandiose delusions...

what impact is associated with aluminum as it pertains to the bs...  

owrstrich
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> The what? Or have we succumbed?[:D]

I don't know where in the manual it says anything about aluminium but the original drip bowls were aluminium, the existing bottom drip tray is also.

The only danger I know of is that if you leave the fat, ash & water in contact with the aluminium for a matter of days, it will eat pinholes in the aluminium. (Fat+ash=lye)

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

owrstrich

it says aluminum foil... not specifically any aluminum... under important safety precautions... page 7...

the link...

http://www.bradleysmoker.co.uk/ftp/Bradley%20Smoker%20Owners%20Manual.pdf

succumbed to the hipopta agavis... not this weekend... and certainly not during the operation of class 3 firearms...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Habanero Smoker

I am assuming that they are talking about lining the trays completely with aluminum foil. If one where to do this it would inhibit the circulation of the smoke, but more importantly it would also inhibit the circulation of heat. This would cause heat build up in the lowwer part of the tower, which could cause damage or possibly a fire within the unit.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

MallardWacker

SHOOT, the bottom drip pan is alum.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

xcowell

I don't know where in the manual it says anything about aluminium but the original drip bowls were aluminium, the existing bottom drip tray is also.

The only danger I know of is that if you leave the fat, ash & water in contact with the aluminium for a matter of days, it will eat pinholes in the aluminium. (Fat+ash=lye)

Kirk

If you follow the Bradley jerky reciept and leave the water out of the pan it will ruin an aluminum pan. The replacement I bought from Bubba seems to be steel,I hope. Will it work ?

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by owrstrich</i>
<br />... and certainly not during the operation of class 3 firearms...

owrstrich
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> You're in The People's Republik of Kalifornia, they don't exist![:D]

I agree with Habby's assessment as well. That's the evil foil can do. Now, if you only covered the inner half of the rack where smoke & heat could circulate, I'd think you'd be fine. (But I sure would watch it close the first time I tried it.)

Kirk

Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

n/a

Am new to this sight, and have become addicted! I got kind of nervous when I read this post about aluminum. I recently bought the smoke generator and have been building a smokehouse out of a refrigerator. I took the plastic lining out and have lined it with aluminum since the price of stainless was so outrageous. I debated about this wondering if it was safe. After looking at some other manufactured smokehouses I see that they are either are made of alum. or at least lined with it. Do you think there will be a problem smoking at higher temps? Will the alum. give off something toxic? Hope not!! Might get it done tomorrow. Can't wait to give it a try!

Jigsup

Ian

good moring people: I have used perforated tin foil on the top three racks for years when cooking mussels shrimp etc with no ill effects. But I do rember reading, or was it a conversation were the concern was useing tin foil on the drip pan to facilitate a easy clean up, would inhibit the heat from riseing thus damageing the bottom door seals [8D]

MallardWacker

<b><u><font color="red">Ian got it !!!</font id="red"> </u></b> <b><u>What he said!</u></b>  Folks, the BS is to easy here.  There should be NO worry about alum. in the smoker.  If you clog up the v-shaped drip pan-you will have problems, thus don't put foil on it-I NEVER have had this problem getting clogged without foil.  Like Ian said this will keep the heat and smoke in the bottom.  I worried for along while about having this clean and shiny v-pan, all I can say that the day I gave up on this impossible task is the day my smoking got easier.  Lets get smoking!

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...