Crown Royal Bisquetts

Started by NePaSmoKer, September 23, 2007, 04:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitetailfan

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on September 26, 2007, 06:58:37 PM
I would trade a brand spankin new REVEO for a couple boxes  ;D

nepas
Hey Nepas.....if I can get to the bottom of the puck mystery you're on!!!
I just have not seen any literature on these yet.
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Mr Walleye

WTF

If you do a search on Google for Crown Royal Bradley Bisquetts you get a few hits. One of them is a link to the Bradley anouncement. The link is old and doesn't work but from the google search you can read the first couple of lines. It indicates 4 pucks are attached to some Crown Royal bottles that are available in "private" liquor stores. This would explain why there are none in Saskatchewan because we only have government run LB stores.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Be safe my friend travillin.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

ok WTF

But ya mean you only get 4 pucks on a bottle? and cant buy em at a box.

Thats 12 bottles for just 1 box   :o after that much CR i couldnt find my smoker....or my house  or my car  or my pup  or my wife

nepas

MWS

It's a shame to think how many of those bisquettes are being thrown away or incinerated in a grill by the non Bradley owners.  :'(

I guess someone who chugs one of the CR bottles in one sitting may think they're cookies and eat them as a snack. ;)
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Consiglieri

Hey, don't knock those crunchy cookies.
Consiglieri

MWS

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Artmiester

I don't get it. Doesn't Bradley monitor this forum? I agree with Whitetail. What a back-asswards promotion! Before I jumped on the DBS wagon I was using Jack Daniels oak chips in a smoke box on my grill and turned out some really tasty Q spraying with appleJack until done. Good results, but what a chore trying to control indirect heat with all the drafts and dead spots. Maybe some of you guys who are talkin' making pucks could consider this. Daniels chips their barrels themselves and because of the barrel thickness doesn't have chunks available. I understand it only takes a calogen slurry to mold the bisquettes but I'm at a loss when it comes to molding other than fiberglass. I still spritz with appleJack in the DBS but, boy, sure would like some JD pucks!  ??? :-\ ;D
The Artmiester

"BBQs not the only pleasure in this world but it's way ahead of whatever's in second place."

iceman

Gotta agree with you all on the messed up marketing. I see a job opening coming soon.  :D I know a lot of CR drinkers but none of them have smokers. ::) I know a lot o smokers but none of them drink CR. :o Am I missing some weird sales strategy??? :D

Wildcat

Quote from: iceman on October 02, 2007, 11:58:50 AM
Gotta agree with you all on the messed up marketing. I see a job opening coming soon.  :D I know a lot of CR drinkers but none of them have smokers. ::) I know a lot o smokers but none of them drink CR. :o Am I missing some weird sales strategy??? :D

;D Sorry Ice, but I drink CR once in a while. There are only a couple of things that I never drink - Scotch and Martini.  :P
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Tiny Tim

I'm an occasional "Crowner" myself, but I'm just as happy with a free, cold beer.

iceman

Quote from: Wildcat on October 02, 2007, 12:44:47 PM
Quote from: iceman on October 02, 2007, 11:58:50 AM

;D Sorry Ice, but I drink CR once in a while. There are only a couple of things that I never drink - Scotch and Martini.  :P
Alright, alright you ole fur ball I'll put you on my CR/BS list  :D ;D ;) (I've been known to knock a few Crowns down myself) ::) ;D

Wildcat

;D It really helps with the hair balls!  :D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Tiny Tim

Maybe I should give some to my Sherman then...maybe it'll help his cataracts too.

Consiglieri

All right, I admit it.  All this talk about the crown got my attention.  So I had to have some at the Rotary golf tournament at Diablo Grande, CA.  Here's the fun part: wild boar have been ripping the sh!t out of the fairways.  Looks like they had four years worth of irrigation work occur in a weekend.

So we get done with the golf, and it's time to BS, have a beer and some food, and see who cheated enough to win a prize (just kidding).  So there's a buffet and on the menu, no kidding: pulled pork.  I wonder where they got their meat?  After we were done laughing, I was pleased to be pulled aside by a few and be told that my smoked pulled pork (thanks for the technique Rat) is much better.   Pride's a deadly sin, right?

Anyway, I didn't notice any improved vision afte the crown, except for maybe a more positive outlook, but we had a blast.
Consiglieri