Bradley Smoker Surround Cabinet

Started by CherryCoke, October 15, 2007, 09:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CherryCoke

Hello all, Just registered today.
I have read the forum for awhile & have a Bradley Smoker now.
My question: A while back,I think it was TinyTim,talked about a Suncast 6' Garden Shed cabinet from Walmart.
Well i just bought one at the Waterloo,Ia. store for $50 clearout for winter and wanted to know How Tiny Tim fabricated his,how it is working out and if anybody else is using this method.
I tried my Smoker once.....results,couldnt get it up to temp,was breezy,overcast & cold out.
I had 5 racks of ribs in it for 7 hours,they looked good,had good flavor,but wouldnt tender up because temp wouldnt get up above 170,had to finish in oven.
Anybody have pictures to post or send to me.

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum.  I haul mine outside when I need to use it.  Will eventually get around to a shelter.  Live in Florida so cold is not a problem, but the rain can be.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

sherlock

WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USE OF THE BRADLEY SMOKER CAN BE ADDICTIVE AND CAN RESULT IN THE EXPANSION OF YOUR WAISTLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also being from FL, I can not say I have the need for a smoke house to keep my smoker warm. Whatever, Welcome to our world. Smoke, eat & enjoy!

Tiny Tim

Hi there CherryCoke, happy to see another Iowan on the board. 

I got my Suncast Vertical Storage Unit from Menard's, but that don't matter as I'm sure you got pretty much the same thing there.  So far I haven't built the custom table for my smoker yet, but I had an old footstool from a furniture set that gets it up about 24" off the ground and fits nicely in the shed.  When I build, I'm going with 30" to the surface that the smoker sits on, that will leave about 6" above the smoker to the roof.  Also going to install a roof vent so I can keep the doors closed and still get a draft...gotta keep 'em cracked right now.

Mr Walleye

Hi CherryCoke and welcome to the forum!

Here is a link to SmokinStu's cabinet that he built. It's not the same as yours but will give you a few ideas of what you wanting to do. Basically you want to add a standard roof vent to the top of the cabinet so you can run it with the doors shut. Also, depending on how cold your weather gets there, you will want to remove the generator portion and take it into the house because it can cause some problems with them. Other than that just try to desogn it to best use the space.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=4812.0

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

car54

Here is my version. It is very convient. All I have to do is plug it in. It is by my back door.

Brad

CherryCoke

Hi fellas, Wildcat,come visit Iowa,say next January,bring yer own parka & mucklucks!!
Sherlock,haahaaa     NS !!
Tiny Tim, the Suncasts are exactly the same at Menards as they are at Walmart, Walmart is cheaper & the clearance price was 50%....my kinda bargain,makes the diff of owning or passing.
I hope you get your done and post pictures.
Mr Walleye.......Where are you?My bro is Walleye Wes in Mankato and also has a Bradley.
Car 54 I love the pics,very nice,functional/reasonable,by the way,what are the plastic lookin cabinets besides this?
How does one post pictures?
I also use a GrillDome ceramic Smoker,have had it for several years & love it.weather doesnt effect it at all!
anybody else have pics?
I have perused some of the diff posts,get confused on what the abbreviations are??????Is there a Glossary of abbreviates somewhere?

Tiny Tim

Pics are easy to post...you can press the "image" button just above the  ;) and  :D smilies when you're creating a post, then type or paste the URL of the image that you have hosted elsewhere (photobucket, flickr, personal website, etc) between the tags that pop into your post (img) & (/img), except with [ & ] instead of ( & ).

I thought somebody started a post about the abbreviations, but I have no idea where to start looking for it.

Mr Walleye

Cherry

I'm a Crazy Canuck!  ;D

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan to be exact.

Yup... We get serious winter here.... some -40C weather. That's why I built my smoker into my heated garage. Here's a link to some pictures....
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=4666.0

There was a post on here that had a list of some abreviations but I can't sem to find it.

Mike

car54

Cherrycoke,

The 2 plastic cabinets are from rubbermaid. They are a bit bigger then the suncast and I am sure that they are more $'s. I bought them at an end of the year close outs.

Brad

CherryCoke

Mr Walleye...
those are great lookin photos, so clear & sharp.tnx! A very nice setup.I was wondering what it looks like above the vent and out the ROOF? so when your smokin, you have the vent fan on low I guess.and no smell in garage?   

Car 54,
those resin cabinets are real nice,I have a 2nd one bolted to deck wall that I keep all my BBQ equip in and deck cushions. Love those end of season sales.
             Chuck

owrstrich

o my...

more iowans... first it was tha canadicans running amuck... now its all the iowans... and i will be in waterloo in january... and you are buying...

crazy aint it...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Mr Walleye

Cherry

It's a rangehood for over your stove. It is direct vented out through the wall. I usually run it on high when smoking, once the smoking is is done I slow it down during the rest of the cook.

Mike

CherryCoke

Ha,Iowans dont run amuck........I wont say what my nephew in Ala. says IOWA stands for.?

Before I found the deal on the Suncast cabinet,I was thinkin of making one out of wood,and covering the outside with a cheap sheet of plastic,like Tub Surround kit,just a crazy thought. Glad I got cabinet.now to get it together & figure out where I want it,runnin outa space.

NePaSmoKer

I really like your setup Mike

If i wasnt so lazy on my days off  ;D i would build the same.

nepas