Peppercorn blend

Started by Oldman, November 03, 2007, 04:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I have an old small coffee grinder.  What I grind in it today are my peppercorns. This is my personal blend:

1 part White Muntok Peppercorns
1/2 part Tellicherry Pepper corns
1/2 Malabar Peppercorns

I like this blend so much that at times I just open up the grinder and take a smell....  ;D There is nothing like that pepper high to get-ya-a-going.

What is your favorite blend?
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MWS

Olds,

I have an old Turkish peppermill that I love. I currently use a mix of black Tellicherry, green Madegascar, white Sarawak and pink Reunion peppercorns. The peppermill gives a great coarse grind.
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Oldman

Interesting blend...My coffee mill will grind from very fine to very course. It is a hand cranked mill.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

West Coast Kansan

Adding some coriander to your favorite blends adds a nice touch imo.

I recently smoked, dried and ground some. Jalipinos, anahiems, yellow chillis, a couple habs and the little green bean ones (serenos ?) something like that. They make an interesting combo.  Add some paprika for color and put into distilled vinegar and it is a pretty zippy hot sauce. Until I learned how much to cut it down it was real zippy. The flavor was wonderful for about 3 - 5 seconds (however long it took to tell the wife it was really good) and then the burn started. Didnt quit even when I was on my knees drinking from the garden hose.

Dont sniff the dust from the grinder either.  :D  :D  :D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

Sounds like you got a decongestant there as well.
Spoon full of sugar helps the heat tame down.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

Actually I think my lungs were foaming. Seemed to be like when a slug starts to eat bait.  :-[

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

Oldman

Now if you really want a good pepper sauce I suggest a red Louisiana style sauce (cayenne pepper based --No Tabasco.)  Take several bottles of it and then render them down to 50% of original volume using a double boiler. This will take a few hours.

I promise that you will sweat to the point that water will be running down into your eyes. It will be a surpisingly sneak up on you hot, but it will have a flavor that the other "hot" sauces just don't have.

IMO a thick cayenne  based pepper sauce is the only game in town. I've had folks on their 3rd "chicken wing" before it hits them...after that they are looking for the blue cheese~~!

West Coast Kansan

:D  :D :D

Sounds good olds. Not for me though. Got my cure for a long while, not man enough for these adventures anymore.   ;D