Hitting the Smoking Circuit-just a fantasy now

Started by nsxbill, November 03, 2004, 04:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nsxbill

Well, I bit the bullet and bought the remote Guru.  Won't get it for about 2 -3 weeks, for sure before Thanksgiving.  Will I use it on the BS?  You bet!  

I have this fantasy of picking up a used 40 ft .Prevost or Eagle bus conversion, selling everything I have, getting a knock-down smoker that will travel, and getting out on the road looking for a state that has no state tax.  Take time ...hit some smoker events and see the country and maybe look around for a little place for two out there somewhere with a very big driveway that I can erect a cover for the bus  when I am home.  

Daughter in Florida married a spine surgeon, and they have 5 kids....Son and other daughter in California...Could just travel back and forth...Hit the smoking events along the way....sell some jerkey and generally have a good time while seeing the country.

The Guru/Raptor works well on the BS, but will also work on any pit I decide on.  I like the Caldera that BBQ Guru is selling on line.  It will hold 200lbs of meat, and knocks down flat.  The new controller will allow remote control of the remote up to 2 football fields away...I like that!

Anyone ever do full-time RV'ing?  

We used to have a 32 foot 5th wheel and and a 69 Ford Truck converted over with a 453 Detroit Diesel with 5 speed new process tranny.  Enjoyed the travel, but would rather have a nice bus conversion with lots of power and tow the 4WD along for jaunts away from the bus.

Dreaming of hitting the road!

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.