• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

temperature fluctuation

Started by GABJR, November 24, 2007, 07:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GABJR

last night I put in my first boston butt. it turned out great & was falling off the bone as I ftc it today. i noticed the entire time the temp reading for the smoker on my maverick t73 fluctuated up & down the entire time never leveling off. this made it difficult to make sure the oven temp was set correctly. Is this normal ? ???

Arcs_n_Sparks

GABJR,

Impressed that you would stay up all night watching the Maverick; must of had some serious adult beverages with you.  :o

Do you have the DBS? I have seen posts that it moves around the setpoint quite a bit. 

Arcs_n_Sparks

GABJR

i am useing the DBS. i got up several times during the night to check it. I had some trouble with this unit & had to replace the inline fuse on the back of the cabinet, so i was a little gun shy.

SKSmoker

My DBS always fluctuats. In the end, it avg's pretty close to the temp you set it at. In the beginning I was obsessed with it and worked off a few pounds running back and forth to check on it. Now I just punch in the time and temp, and go watch TV :)
Lead by example

West Coast Kansan

As Sks says,  no worries.   ;)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)