Denver Steak?

Started by BigSmoker, November 06, 2004, 03:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSmoker

A friend of mine is compiling a long list of names for different type steaks.  I didn't know steaks could have so many names.  Anyway he was asked about a Denver steak and no one seems to know if its an actual cut or just some name a restaurant gave to their particular steak.  If anyone has any info on this please let me know.  Thanks and Happy Smokin' and a great weekend to all my Bradleyaholic friends[:D].

P.S. To nxsbill, Wonderful cup of fresh roasted Tanzania peaberry this morning[:p][:p][:p].  Enough said.

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

BigRed

Quote<i>Originally posted by BigSmoker</i>
<br />A friend of mine is compiling a long list of names for different type steaks.  I didn't know steaks could have so many names.  Anyway he was asked about a Denver steak and no one seems to know if its an actual cut or just some name a restaurant gave to their particular steak.  If anyone has any info on this please let me know.  Thanks and Happy Smokin' and a great weekend to all my Bradleyaholic friends[:D].

P.S. To nxsbill, Wonderful cup of fresh roasted Tanzania peaberry this morning[:p][:p][:p].  Enough said.

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com

Jeff!

In talking to a butcher and the Mrs.they both think it might be a regional name for some other cut. Kind of like the Denver omlette which is still an omlette but with different names for the same stuff inside. I only know two names whne it comes to steak Mr. Porterhouse and Miss Filet!!!!

BigRED

MallardWacker

Both Bigs,

What about a "Spencer" steak.  Any idea on that one.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

BigSmoker

MW,
That one mine friend has covered[:D]

BEEF RIB
Rib Eye Steak, Rib Steak, Delmonico Steak, Club Steak, Market Steak, Beauty Steak, Spencer Steak, Breakfast Steak, Griller Steak

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.