• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hey, chipotle, let's smoke some jalapenos!

Started by Stickbowcrafter, November 29, 2007, 11:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Stickbow,
I've seen your cold smoke set up in other posts.  Would you mind to tell me the dimensions of your cold smoke box?  It obviously works very well and I have an 83 year old father-in-law who will be all over building me one.  OK, I hear the snickering....I'm a banker, not a carpenter.  Besides, it will give him something to do.  As long as I'm cooking, he's happy!  Thanks for your assist.

KyNola ???

Stickbowcrafter

Hello Ky. I basically wanted to get a complete box out of a half sheet of plywood for economical reasons and have enough room on top for the Bradley and enough space for a pipe elbow. My box finished out around 31-1/2 inches long by 16-1/2 inches wide by 16-1/2 inches deep. I cut 3 pieces around 30-1/2 X 16 inches and 3 pieces around 16 X 16 inches and glued and nailed them together.

Here's a link to the original post about how I built it with pictures:

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=5264.0

-Brian

KyNola

Thanks Stick!
After looking at the link I think even I could build it.  Simplicity often works the best.  My father-in-law will whip that thing right out.  Thanks again.

KyNola

Buck36

My jalapenos are coming along and it got me thinking of this post. I wanted to bump this thread for those people who didn't get a chance to read it.

Stickbowcrafter's method using the Bradley looks perfect!

pensrock

I only use red penos if at all possible when making chipoltes. Some I put into adobo sauce but the bulk I put into the dehydrator to dry. Then store in a jar for when I want some powder or into chili or sauces. I cut mine in half and smoke for several hours using hickory. I'm going to smoke some habs and nagas this year, but make sure to keep them seperated so I do not grab the wrong pepper when I need them.

EnglishGuy

My mouth is watering, but the only way I could do those is get hold of some seeds and grow them from scratch  :'(

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)