• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Need Finger food ideas

Started by bigredsmoker, December 12, 2007, 07:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigredsmoker

I have 2 big holiday parties coming up that my wife and I host. One is this Saturday and the other is Jan. 5th. About 30 people at each.
We usually do c*cktails and finger food Hors devoirs, but enough to make it a meal. I want to add some smoked items to my spread. I have a few thoughts already, but would love to hear any ideas you all have.

For this weekends party I am smoking 2 butts. I then paln on pulling the pork and puttin a piece on mini pitta bread that I found. They are about Ritz cracker size. Then I am going to smoke and then roast some sweet peppers (yellow and red) and possibly some pablano's, and put a piece on top of the pork with a toothpick and a little drizzle of iceman's sauce (if it gets here in time).

So, that's my big idea what are yours?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Terry

Wildcat

Directions.  :D  Perhaps some smoked seafood, i.e. shrimp, scallops, etc.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

iceman

I like to lightly smoke shelled shrimp until just done. Then I mix Italian dressing with some minced red onion and cilantro and drizzle it over the platter of shrimp and stick fancy toothpicks in them for easy serving.

whitetailfan

I assume you have enough un-smoked ideas.

Don't forget smoked cheese!!!!!!!!!

Between an hour and an hour forty, depends on the thickness of the cheese.
Used apple this year for the first time, and I can't beat away the compliments with a stick.

Super easy - Super good.  Your guests will rave, and so easy to make Ritz size to make it last.
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Tiny Tim

Ribs...single bone serving = finger food. :D ;D

bigredsmoker

Whitetailfan

What kind of cheese do you smoke?

acords

Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

car54

My daughter is having Christmas at her house. I will be making Kummoks smoked salmon and individual ribs.

Brad

whitetailfan

Quote from: bigredsmoker on December 12, 2007, 10:47:20 AM
Whitetailfan

What kind of cheese do you smoke?
This year, two hunks of medium cheddar, mozza, havarti, and montery jack.

The cheddar and havarti are the king of the castle on this smoke batch.
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

La Quinta

Empanadas are always good and filling. Let me know if you want the recipe? Also, hubby and I make little mini quesadillas out of multi colored/flavored tortillas, with smoked shrimp, smoked chicken...you name it...they're cute and festive and REALLY easy to make!!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: La Quinta on December 12, 2007, 03:45:21 PM
Empanadas are always good and filling. Let me know if you want the recipe? Also, hubby and I make little mini quesadillas out of multi colored/flavored tortillas, with smoked shrimp, smoked chicken...you name it...they're cute and festive and REALLY easy to make!!

La Quinta   

stop it yer makin me homesick  :o   :'(

nepas

Ontrack

Whitetailfan beat me to it, but CHEESE! It's so easy to do, and so delicious. I have 10 pounds of sharp cheddar and 5 pounds of pepper jack in the fridge just waiting for the weekend, when the temps are supposed to be in the 20's. Let it come up to room temp, smoke for 1 hour to 1 hour and 40 minutes, and then vac seal or saran wrap and refrigerate. Be sure to leave it in the fridge for at least 3 days (more if possible) after smoking, else you won't be very happy with the finished product (unless you like the taste of a dirty ash tray) :P. Good luck with your parties and make sure the host drinks heavily! ;D

La Quinta

Nepas....you need to visit the Motherland...re-charge the batteries...see Mom...play golf...tennis tourney...music festival...tamales...just a very light dusting of snow on the mountains right now...sunny and highs in the 60's....(is this working?) I need you to teach us how to make really good sausage...!!!! :) :) And some really cool places in Old Town LQ now, if you can believe that!!!

Gizmo

Did I hear sausage lessons?  Where do I sign up?

Smoked Salmon dip,  Smoked crab dip, Smoked green olives (yes La Quinta I tried them), are all good party snack foods.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

Get out...smoked green olives...no way!