Forum Problems

Started by Habanero Smoker, December 17, 2007, 02:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

I'm trying to do some trouble shooting and narrow down if the problem is related to this site, or do to some setting(s) on my computer. Lately I have been having problems navigating around the forum. At times pages load quickly, other times it takes so long to load a page the IE7 times out. The lengthy down load times have nothing to do with how many graphics may or may not be posted in the thread. So I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

LilSmoker

Hi Habs, yes i sometimes get the same thing, although i am accross the pond, i also use IE7.

I'm paying for 20MB connection, but most of the time it feels like 2MB  ::)

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Tiny Tim

I haven't had that problem, but am only running IE6.

huhwhatliar

I'm not having that problem, I use Firefox.
They say home is where family is not......

Smoking Duck

I haven't really had that problem, either.  Running IE6.0 on a wireless and no real problem to speak of.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Habanero Smoker

Thanks for the replies.

Things seem to be running smoother this morning then it has for the past four days. So it may have been the sight. Or just heavy traffic at the site or on my ISP's servers; because the problem is more frequent in the late afternoon.

Also I installed an IE7 patch, and a ZA update around the same time. The problem started to occur shortly after that. I will tinker around and see if any of them changed my security settings.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

sherlock

No problems here.

But, I don't even know what IE 6 or IE 7 are.

Ignorance is bliss......................

3rensho

No problems here with Firefox on Slackware Linux.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Oldman

Hab, I would think this is on a shared server.  If it is a deli server it has to be a throw back to the 1980s! If you go to the recipe site it screams with speed -- it is a deicated (deli) server.  I too have had problems at times with this site.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

acords

What type of connection are you using?  I had some speed issues with my DSL.  It had been pretty consistant for over a year, then problems.  Turns out I had a bad filter somewhere.  Quest installed a filter in the outside service box for me, and I ran a dedicated line off the unfiltered side to my modem.  I took all the individual filters off, and it works great now.
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

Habanero Smoker

Acords;

I do have a DSL connection. Thanks for the heads up on the filter problem. I'll follow up with my phone company. I occasionally have problems with the analog signal on that line.

Today I've logged on twice and everything is running fine. Olds may be right also, the days I was having the most problems may have been due to heavy traffic.

I guess it will be a matter of eliminating possible problems.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

acords

log into to your modem.  I have the quest 2 wire.  Look for "uncancelled echo", I believe it should be a negative number measured in DB.
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

LilSmoker

I'm now getting error on page messages?

Everything works ok, apart from me not being able to preview posts?  ???
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Oldman

Same here... today seems to be the first day I have not had to adjust the image size on the screen. -- the board was coming over like a bad 480 x 600.

The Preview still does not work. It is hung in "Fetching."

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

iceman

Just noticed today on the computer at work I'm not able to look at anyones avitars or pictures in the signature area. Is anyone having this happen to them or is it my IT boys screwing things up again.