• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

OBS & PID

Started by race.fan, December 22, 2007, 03:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

race.fan

Just wondering is the OBS with a PID pretty much the same as the DBS model or
is there more to the DBS.   :-\

thanks
race.fan

Mr Walleye

Yes & no....

The OBS & PID will control the tower temp more accurately than a DBS on it's own.

I have a DBS with a PID. I guess if I was going to list an advantage to my setup, just my opinion, it would be as follows.

- The DBS has no control or circuit board under the tower to worry about.
- The DBS smoke generator can be set to automatically shut off after a programmed amount of time.
- By having the PID hooked to the DBS you don't have the 9 hour & 40 minute limitation.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

DrunkenMick

Hiya,

Just got my OBS on Xmas and have already made a few racks of baby backs that were awesome.  I'd like build a PID but i can't seem to find any working links with parts and schematics for the unit.  Anyone have updated links?

Thanks!!

-J

rstans

I followed the directions in the link posted above and built my PID (before my smoker arrived).... then I found out that the new OBS' have the computer style power cords... that would be the only thing you would have to change from the directions - use an old computer cord female end for the cord that plugs into the back of the smoker.  It was really easy and fun to build- I just wish I would have waited until the smoker got here and I would have noticed the new style plugs.
Stans