• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Son of a B____!

Started by KyNola, December 25, 2007, 08:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Out this morning at 6:30 to preheat the DBS.  Normally when I turn on my DBS the smoke generator makes one cycle.  This morning it didn't.  Preheat, turkey in, cycle 3 times, smoke on!  For some reason I didn't feel good about this so at the first recycle I went out to make sure everything works.  It DIDN'T! >:(  No cycle.  Manually cycle, good to go.  I went out at every cycle, sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't and sometimes it did not push the burnt puck completely off the burner.

Most important thing I have made on the DBS and of all days, this little dilemma.  Oh well, 3 hours of apple smoke on a large turkey.  Looked beautiful when I transferred it to the grill to finish.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

KyNola

Mr Walleye

Congrats on limping your way through! I'm sure the bird will turn out great!  ;)

Is your climate cold? I wonder if the generator was just cold. I did have mine miss the odd cycle once but I took the generator apart and cleaned it and used a little graphite on the slide. It has worked good since.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

Hey KyNola,

I believe Olds had a problem with his generator as well.  I've been searching the site to give you some ideas on what other folks suggested but simply cannot find the thread.  I'll still try to find it, but you may be able to come up with it faster than my pudgy little fingers can  :D

Good luck and I'm glad all turned out well.

Marc

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

KyNola

It was about 28 degrees Mike and the generator had been sitting outside but I brought it in the night before as I had read Ice's warning about the grease gumming up when cold and stripping the gear.  I will take your advice and open the generator and take a look.  It may very well need cleaning.

Marc, thanks for your info.  I'll look for it.  BTW, the turkey turned out absolutely awesome.  The aroma filled the entire house and everyone raved about it.

KyNola