Can anyone tell me what the E message

Started by HornFan, January 05, 2008, 09:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornFan

I got while seasoning my new smoker is. It came with about 20 minutes
left and just started beepinb. It appeared in the meat temp reading area.
I would appreciate any ideas on this problem. Thanks

Mr Walleye

Hi Hornfan & welcome to the forum!

What did the display show when this occured?
Did it say E1?
If it was the E1 error it usually has something to do with the sensor wire. It's the small dia. wire running from the generator to the tower. Try unplugging it and reversing the wire. Make sure it is plugged in good.

When this occured did the entire unit shut down or just the tower or just the smoke generator?

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

HornFan

No it was just the E message not E1. I unplugged everything and replugged and still got the message.
I kept playing with it and after about 4 or 5 times of continuing
to get the message it finally just went away and started working. I am  a little confused about the whole thing. I could not tell what was working and what was not. The temp seemed to drop a little so I dont know if the oven portion wasnt working or what. Sorry for not knowing any more info on this. I am very new to this smoker and all smoking in general.

Mr Walleye

I know there have been a few people that have had problems with the plugs on the sensor wire. It seems to take a few times of plugging and unplugging them before they seem to make proper connections. If it does it again I would focus on the sensor wire, plug and re-plug, wiggle, etc. I know when mine was new, a couple years ago now, it did this very same thing. I just played with the plugs and I have never had a problem since.

Hopefully that's exactly what it is and it just begins to make a better connection.

Keep us posted.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

HornFan

Thank you so much for your help and expertise!!!

Junk Yard Dog

I got an "E" message when my pucks weren't feeding correctly.  Somehow, shavings got into the mechanism and the pucks weren't dropping enough to move forward, so I got the message.  One I hit it with air spray, everything worked fine.

Gary in Texas