• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New Smoker Says Hello.

Started by scofire, January 05, 2008, 01:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scofire

Hi everyone. Well santa finally got it right and brought a OBS. Still in it's box due to work commitments, but raring to go. Fish will be the starting point, having a salmon farm, mussel farm and two harbours within 30 miles. And beer being the currency here, supplies should be no problem. Being a bit of a smoker virgin i hope all you pro's out there will be able to answer some questions in the future. Looking forwards to a day off and getting some smoking done.

Mr Walleye

Hi Scofire & welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you live in an excellent location!  ;)

Keep us posted on your success with your new toy!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

West Coast Kansan

Welcome Scofire, time to come out of the box and enjoy.  Keep us posted on your experiences  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Smoking Duck

Welcome, scofire!  You're gonna love this place.  There is however a standing ritual that all newbies must send a sample (overnight of course) to the first 7 people that respond to your post.  I don't make the rules, I just enforce them  ;D

Seriosly, though, welcome again and don't be afraid to ask questions.  You've got an incredible resource in the folks here who are always willing to help.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

acords

QuoteWelcome, scofire!  You're gonna love this place.  There is however a standing ritual that all newbies must send a sample (overnight of course) to the first 7 people that respond to your post.  I don't make the rules, I just enforce them 

Seriosly, though, welcome again and don't be afraid to ask questions.  You've got an incredible resource in the folks here who are always willing to help.

SD

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new toy!  I'm number 4 by the way. 
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

winemakers

KyNola

Number 6!!  WooHoo.  Welcome Scofire.  There are some really talented folks here.  Not sure where you live but I love the currency.

KyNola

huntfishguy

Welcome Scofire! I was a newbie last week too. The OBS food is like a drug. I haven't done any fish yet but soon. These guys will get you right on track, all you have to do is ask. I did things the way they said and all of a sudden I am an OBS chef.

Good luck!

Gizmo

Quote from: scofire on January 05, 2008, 01:07:43 PM
having a salmon farm, mussel farm and two harbours within 30 miles. And beer being the currency here, supplies should be no problem.

Welcome Scofire,
Looks like the only real option here is for me to come visit and give you some personal Bradley smoking lessons.   ;D  8)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

LiL Smokie

Welcome Scofire.  I am a newbie too.  With the ideas you find on this forum you will love your OBS and so will your family.  Me being from Nebraska and you from the coast maybe we can work out some deals.  You go out on a King Crab boat and I will ride a bull.........kiddin!

Welcome
Vise-Gripper

Tiny Tim

QuoteWelcome, scofire!  You're gonna love this place.  There is however a standing ritual that all newbies must send a sample (overnight of course) to the first 7 people that respond to your post.  I don't make the rules, I just enforce them 

SD

I was told it was 10.............. :D

Smoking Duck

You know, for a brisket delivered hot to my doorstep, I'm sure we could convene the governing body and re-write the rules  ;D

I'd be willing to anyways!

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

NePaSmoKer

Welcome scofire, you finally made it home  ;D

nepas

iceman

Glad to see you here scofire. Kick back and start to have some fun. Sounds like you have the same currency system as we do up here. ;D
Be very careful around some of these guys though. They post pictures of food just out of the smoker when your stuck at work. I can't tell you how many keyboards I've lost to the drool factor!!! :D ;)

La Quinta

I was told chicks go to the front of the line!!!:) heh...heh...heh...