dumb question...I'm a newbie

Started by scotchbonnet, January 09, 2008, 02:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotchbonnet

;D   will be picking up a DBS....two questions...no shed or garage...can I leave outside or can I add vent to the top and pop her in the basement..vent through wall?

Tiny Tim

If you trust your neighborhood, you can leave it outside, but I would strongly advise at minimum the weather cover if not something more sturdy.  As for using indoors, it would largely depend on your cohabitators whether you can get by with it or not...even with a vent, some of the smoky aroma can stay in the building.

KyNola

Welcome to the forum.  First question is your location.  If you are in a very cold winter climate, leaving it outside can cause the lubricants in the puck advance system to gel and strip the teeth out of the advance gear and/or not work at all.  Even with a cover for the BDS, if it is left totally outside in the elements you run the risk of moisture getting in the smoke gen and messing up the electronics.  My suggestion is to at least bring the smoke gen inside and store it in the basement when not in use.  As for venting out from the basement, I will yield to the experts of this forum that have vented their units out of the garage,etc.

You will love your BDS!
KyNola

Mr Walleye

Hi Scotchbonnet and welcome to the forum.

I don't know about using it in your basement. I think you would definitely smell it in your house especially if you have to open the door during the smoke process. Here is a link to my setup in my heated garage.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=6075.0

Owrstrich, another member here, sets his up in a hotel room. There used to be a picture of it in action but I can't seem to find it.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

La Quinta

Ya know what Mike...we probably wouldn't want O to post a new picture anyway!!! :)

Mr Walleye

Quote from: La Quinta on January 09, 2008, 09:03:32 PM
Ya know what Mike...we probably wouldn't want O to post a new picture anyway!!! :)

:D  :D  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes