Don't let your wives see this....

Started by Oldman, November 18, 2004, 02:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Susan and I have been together now 14 years. Each yearI get as many roses as years she is old for her birthday. This year it was 59 red, 1 white (60) and a gold rose to grow on. She now has 15 Gold roses. I believe in hedging my bets [:D]

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Oldman

FUNNY on this board of mostly males no replies...on the garden forums I go to husbands now hate me as... one female member said I drag my husband to the monitor.... go figure. LOL!

hehehehe
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

BigSmoker

Olds,
All you did was remind all of us guys that our wives deserve our respect and dedication every day.  The "SmokeMistress" has made my life better just by being there.  I love the idea of the golden rose.  Once you get a few of those in a vase you know well... my vase should have 19 and one starting to sprout. Thanks for reminding us that(in my case anyway) our wives are(in my case again) the root of our exsistance.

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">wives are(in my case again) the root of our exsistance<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Amen Jeff, Amen..
Raye
AKA Olds....

Fuzzybear

Very nice reminder Olds!  I'll keep those goldies in mind for future!

Fuzz

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Chattaroy, WA - USA!

MallardWacker

<font size="2"><font color="blue"><b><i><font size="3">OH THATS JUST FINE Olds, you had to go and raise the standard didn't you!</font id="size3"> </i></b> </font id="blue"> </font id="size2">  

Well, they are worth it.  This past week I have had the pleasure to work with my wife, and for the next five weeks.  Our secretary has had a baby.  It is wonderful to know that I have someone working with me that has my back AND I can trust.  The other so called secretary, I don't trust her (I want to rave on from here but I will refrain from lowering myself to the same place as I want to describe)  I love those dipped roses, there is a place here in Little Rock that runs a special every Valentines day.  $29.95 for a nice HUGE 14 carat dipped rose, those baby's are heavy.  I have been adding to her vase from year to year until she gets a dozen.  I believe this year will be 25.  I had been wanting to get her a little larger diamond for this occasion.  I had been eyeing the ones from Canada to make it a little extra special.  The one I bought for here engagement ring, well, it's just plain pitiful to say the least.  You got me getting doing that mushy pontification again.

You all have a great weekend~~~I'm out.

Mike

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Oldman

Mike you are a hoot~~!

$29.95 is a great price. These cost me closer to $70.00 a pop. I know there is a difference between 14kt and 24kt gold, but IMO $29.95 is dirt cheap. Ya you are correct they do weight a bunch for sure.

BTW I don't eat duck, but my wife and mother do. Do you make a sauce for your duck? When we go out to eat if they want duck I have to order it a day ahead, but when it is serverd there is some kind of sauce that comes with it.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The one I bought for here engagement ring, well, it's just plain pitiful to say the least. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I hear that! Four years back for Christmas I was able, at last,  to give Susan a nice ring.

I don't think I've ever told you all this but Susan was 44 years old when I met her. She had never been married. (School_Mom.) What is even more interesting, if not flat out strange in today's world, she had been with a man before.  

Yepper my Baby-Girl and I have had a Hoot of a time, including a very interesting beginning LOL!

This is a picture of my Baby-Girl when Skyway was a puppy (about 5 years back.)

Olds