• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoke Generator Timer - bisquette advance only, or also bisquette burner heat?

Started by Curtis Jackson, January 18, 2008, 09:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curtis Jackson

If I set the smoke generator timer for 2 hours, then at the end of 2 hours does it just stop advancing bisquettes, but still keep the bisquette burner hot? Or does it stop advancing bisquettes *and* stop heating the bisquette burner?

Obviously this is important if you are attempting to cold-smoke or smoke at ambient temp for a long time after you've finishing throwing smoke -- you need to know if the bisquette burner will still be adding heat to the system or not. So obviously this is the kind of thing that should have been in the manual, which I find far too dumbed down. I understand Bradley is trying to market to the masses, but that shouldn't prevent them from helping out us old-timers (my previous smoker was a manual Bradley) a little.

Mr Walleye

Hi Curtis and welcome to the forum.

The smoke generator is either on or off and that includes the burner portion as well. Basically there is not a separate switch for the puck burner portion. I know I have read athread on here somewhere where a person actually added a switch to turn the advance mechanism off. Lots of members here continue to run the smoke generator after the smoke potion is complete to add a little more heat when hot smoking as well.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

Hi Curtis;

Nice to see you posting again. I know this is off topic, but I just wanted to mention that I tried your salmon brine, and it's really good. It's a definite hit with me.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Curtis Jackson

Thanks for the compliment, Habanero, but the brine wasn't mine, it was from the sticky post on these forums from ages ago. I'll happily take credit, but only where it is due.   :)

While I am here, though, I will recommend something for darn near any dry rub: pimenton de la vera. Now that I've been using it for a while, I understand why it is the killer secret ingredient of so many top chefs.

Pimenton de la Vera is essentially a smoked paprika from Spain, but it is infinitely better than any smoked paprika you can find in your grocery spice aisle. Just opening up the container and smelling it can bring a tear of joy to your eye. You can use it anywhere you would use paprika. Definitely worth googling up a source and mail ordering some.

Habanero Smoker

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to google that as soon as I get off the forum. I quess that wouldn't be similiar to Penzey's Spanish Smoke Paparika. I do have some of that.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)