• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

FTC ?

Started by charlandk, January 20, 2008, 06:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlandk

What do you guys and gals use to warm your cooler to FTC?

tsquared

I put in a pot of hot water.

Wildcat

Many here use hot water to pre-heat.  I have several sizes of coolers and simply pick the smallest that will work.  With this method I have not seen a need to pre-heat.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

owrstrich

i dont use a cooler for ftc... i will put the beast in a disposable aluminum roaster pan and cover it with foil and wrap a towel around it and put it in a cold microwave... with the micros insulating properties its kinda like a cooler... just dont turn on the microwave...

sometimes i will preheat the oven to 200 degrees and turn it off and slide it in there all wrapped up...

both methods as well as a cooler will hold the beast well... many hours in all reality...

j o

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

charlandk

Habanero Smoker

I rarely FTC, but a dryer way to heat the cooler would be to use a heating pad if you got one.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

smokin stu

I use a medium size soft sided collapsable cooler that I smush down to just fit whatever I am FTC'ing, so I don't bother heating the cooler.

Arcs_n_Sparks

charlandk,

I made a Pu-238 lined insulated container. Constant heat for the next 90 years.....   8)

Arcs_n_Sparks

aha638

An extension coar "drop light" will do the job also and it is dry.

Al

ListerD

Quote from: owrstrich on January 20, 2008, 07:14:37 AM
just dont turn on the microwave...

No please do! And film it!  :o ;D

FLBentRider

I have done the hot water thing, but I don't see a lot of benefit in it when to cooler is already housed in a hot garage.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Ontrack

If it's a FTC that you really need to stretch out for a long time, I can see the benefit, because 4 or 5 degrees can make a difference. But for an hour or two FTC, I usually don't even bother to preheat. And I agree with you, FLB, because in the middle of the summer, with the garage doors and cooler open, it gets plenty of preheat right there.

Gizmo

Quote from: ListerD on February 22, 2008, 12:40:44 PM
Quote from: owrstrich on January 20, 2008, 07:14:37 AM
just dont turn on the microwave...

No please do! And film it!  :o ;D

AEhh, they already did that on Myth Busters.   ::)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/