• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Newbie- thanks to all for sharing your wisdom!

Started by BrentS, January 21, 2008, 12:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrentS

Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to say thanks to all the members on this forum.  I received an OBS for Christmas and my first smoke attempt was rather disappointing.  In fact we threw most of it away.  But!  Thanks to the wealth of information here, every attempt since has been edible and my last few absolutely delicious.  I have my second attempt at brisket smoking right now.  The first one lasted just over 24 hours before it was consumed  ;)

I also constructed a PID controller using information posted here and parts from Auberins who provided first class service. 

Cheers!

Brent- from SUNNY and COLD Seattle

manxman

Welcome BrentS, nice to see that things are working out with your OBS. Take it from me we all have had the odd disaster from time to time, some of us still do occasionally   :-[  all part of the fun.

Great to have you aboard.  :)
Manxman

Mr Walleye

Hi Brent & welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you are well on your way!  ;)

I have to agree with you, it doesn't matter if you are just starting out or experienced the information this forum provides is priceless.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

hillbillysmoker

May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

KyNola

Brent,
Glad to hear you didn't give up after your first try.  Welcome aboard and to this club.  We all rely on each other to continue to learn.

KyNola

La Quinta

Welcome Brent...you would not believe the stuff I have screwed up!!! Glad to have you aboard...trust me...you will eventually teach us all something great!!! :)

Wildcat

Welcome aboard BrentS!  Keep us informed of your progress.  If you ever have any questions just ask and someone (if not several) will help you out as much as possible.  Along with that, never think your question might be stupid or dumb.  Whenever you do not know or are unsure, the only stupid or dumb question is the one not asked.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Fixitfanatic

Welcome to the forum Brent, the wealth of information here will pull you out of more than a few hot spots indeed. I wish I had my Bradley when I lived up on Capital Hill in Seattle. Being that close to the Fish Market would have been nice. Keep up posted on how the smoking is coming. Again, welcome....Dave
WHEN THERE'S SMOKING TO DO, I MUST'NT BE SLOW. SO IT'S HIP, HIP, HIP, AND AWAY I GO!

LiL Smokie

Vise-Gripper

Boybach

Hi I also echo the welcome and confirm it's a great site.
BTW LilSmoker are you are still a newbie - is there something wrong there. Hope all my friends new and old are OK am still hibernating will be back on stream when the weather warms and I wake fully and get the OBS going again although did some cold smoked salmon for the Christmas festivities which was excellent.
Regards to all
Boybach ;D

HCT

"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"