• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

1hp grinder from Cabelas - Sausage experience and clean up

Started by SmokinHotMama, January 22, 2008, 05:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

I wonder if there is any reason you couldn't use the same method with a stuffer?

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

I wrap a frozen cold wrap around the throat and bottom of the auger. This keep the friction down that causes the fat to melt.

Ya know the athletic freezer things you put in one of them elastic wraps

nepas

La Quinta

I put a little piece of bread in the spice grinder too after we use it...still not convinced enought to use the same grinder for coffee tho...but it does work enough to clean spices out so we can't really taste the last thing we ground in it.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: La Quinta on January 24, 2008, 07:53:50 PM
I put a little piece of bread in the spice grinder too after we use it...still not convinced enought to use the same grinder for coffee tho...but it does work enough to clean spices out so we can't really taste the last thing we ground in it.

Grinding rice works really good for cleaning your burr style spice grinder. You still won't be able to use it for coffee, but it does a great job removing traces of oil from the stronger spices, which if left in the grinder may ruin you next spice blend.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

La Quinta

I'll try the rice Habs...thanks for the idea. We do grind a lot of spices for rubs and the like...some of them for currys are pretty potent and it gets tough removing them for another dish. Another tip from Iron Habs!!:)