• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

What should be the next smoke?

Started by bullsi1911, January 23, 2008, 08:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullsi1911

Pretty self explanatory.  I have done pork loin, baby back ribs, one steak, veggies and cheese. 

Hopefully I did this right where you can add more choices.  Feel free to suggest things I should try!

sherlock

Briskit

Just because I have not done yet.

:)

Ontrack

SmokinHotMama

Life is too short...  Nothing but FUN!

drano

Boston Butt.

Its my main smoke.  Easy, cheap, tastes outstanding--what more could I want? :)

Get smokin
Drano

pensrock

How about some salmon? Kummocks recipie is really simple and tastes great.  ;D

bullsi1911

Quote from: SmokinHotMama on January 23, 2008, 01:32:25 PM
How did the cheese work out?

good question.  Let me go unseal some and try it

bullsi1911

Cheddar was still too strong on the smoke, but the Mozzarella is almost there.

La Quinta

How about go easy bullsi...chicken thighs? You can do a boatload of them...and then do a lot of things subsequently. Like...get a pizza crust...put some of that smoked mozzarella and chicken with a light tomato sauce and you got pizza? A little fresh basil when it comes out of the oven!! Oh yeah!! :)

bullsi1911

Quote from: La Quinta on January 23, 2008, 10:55:54 PM
How about go easy bullsi...chicken thighs? You can do a boatload of them...and then do a lot of things subsequently. Like...get a pizza crust...put some of that smoked mozzarella and chicken with a light tomato sauce and you got pizza? A little fresh basil when it comes out of the oven!! Oh yeah!! :)

That sounds really good.  The wife and I have done pizza kicks before where we used the pizza stone on the grill.  I think yardbird will be the smoke for next weekend.

For this weekend, I already have the 7.12lbs boston butt rubbed down with Habanero Smoker's mustard/ rub recipe and chilling in the fridge, waiting for Saturday morning when it will start a nice apple/ maple smoke and hopefully be done by dinner.

Thanks for the input everyone!

SmokinHotMama

LaQuinta...  I have to say....  You have some kick arse ideas, that is for sure....  What a great idea....    ;)

Bullsh1911...  Way to go on the mozz...  A little less smoke on the cheddar and you will be all set, huh?  Atleast you know for next time.
Life is too short...  Nothing but FUN!

bullsi1911

Well, on Saturday I'll crack em open again and see if the cheddar has settled down.  That will be a 7 day rest, so if it aint good by then, then I don't think it will survive.

Mr Walleye

Bullsi

If it is still too strong try tasting just the inside. Slice a piece and trim the outside edge off. The brunt of the strong flavor might be just in the outside 1/8 inch or so.

Just a thought.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

bullsi1911

they were both still too strong. I just reimmer off the exterior, and will let them age another day or so. For the next cheese experiment, I'm going to use bigger blocks, and trim the skin halfway through the aging.