• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Bubbagump's (and other's) PID! A resurrection

Started by brev1, January 24, 2008, 03:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brev1

Hey, all.

New to this game.  Been trying to read through all of the PID stuff is making my head spin!!!  Can anyone help me with schematics for Bubbagump's PID?  If you're around, Bubba, hearing from the master would be ideal!!!

Thanks in advance.

brev1

Yeah, saw that one.  Could use a better diagram of the wiring schematic, though.  And Bubba had included a toggle on his, which I could see some benefit in (at some point, maybe).  Thanks, though.

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: brev1 on January 24, 2008, 04:31:51 PM
Yeah, saw that one.  Could use a better diagram of the wiring schematic, though.

Did you click on the photo? Pretty explicit wiring diagram. Do you want an actual schematic?

Arcs_n_Sparks

Mr Walleye

Here is another write up by one of the members here. He installed the PID into the smoke generator of an OBS. There is a wiring diagram and he did install a switch.

http://www.n9adg.com/articles/bbq/bradley-smoker-temperature-controller.html

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

smokin stu

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=4812.0

Here is a link to the PID I built from Bubba's plans.  The only difference is grounding the metal box.

La Quinta

You know what Arcs...yes...I will "drink at a distance" while I download your schematic? (Sorry being a smart ass...I just can't help it)!!!

sherlock

I have a DBS. I just recently bought a Maverick T73 and noticed for the first time just how much the temp fluctuates.

It was cool outside and I had the temp set at 200 deg's. The temp fluctuated between 172 and 208.

W O W what a spread. I never would have guessed this much variance.

Would a PID prevent this?

Is there anybody out there who can make one for me?

About what do they cost?

Thank
Nathan

brev1

Arcs, you're right.  That is a pretty detailed diagram of the wiring.  May have gotten it confused with another I had seen that was more difficult to read.  Could have been the rum.  Not sure....

Thanks.

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: brev1 on January 25, 2008, 11:14:28 AM
Could have been the rum.  Not sure....

Hope it was the rum, otherwise there may be a more serious problem   :D

iceman

Like Ann is always telling me.
The rums not a problem and most times your not the problem.
The problem is when the two of you get together!!! :o :D ;D

Arcs_n_Sparks

I have exactly the same problem.   :D :D :D